Chapter 12: A Rotten Bridge

💜Author's Note: Short Chapter Ahead💜

Namjoon's Point of View..

It's a few days later and something has been weighing down on my shoulders. “Jin?” I ask from the couch.

“Yes?” He answers.

“Do you ever think about your parents? I mean like reconnecting with them?”

“Once in a while. Why?” He says before snuggling against my side.

I wrap an arm around his shoulders. “I was just wondering. How long has it been since you've seen or heard from them?”

“A few years. What's brought on this little interrogation of yours?”

“I just think we should go see them. Don't you?”

“Joon, did you forget why they kicked me out?”

“I don't think you've ever told me.”

Jin sighs. “They kicked me out because I told them I was gay. And if I show up to their doorstep with you..” Jin exhales. “It won't end well.”

I tighten my grip on his shoulders and pull him closer. “I'm sorry, Jinnie..”

“It's ok. But I have been thinking about reconnecting with them for sure. Maybe I forgive too easily, but we're not always guaranteed tomorrow. It's as if our lives are like clocks. Time is running out as the minutes tick by.”

“Do you want me to go with you?”

Jin sighs. “No, but stay nearby. I don't want them to see you and hurt you.”

“I'll get my friends together and we'll all go with you.” I say before kissing his forehead.

Jin nods as he wraps his arms around me.

It's time for Jin to attempt to cross a rotten bridge that's been rotten for years.

💜Author's Note: Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments and don't forget to vote!💜