Chapter 15: Back Story

⚠️ Author's Note: This chapter takes place in Jin's father's point of view. Also, I don't think I've written Jin's mother's name yet in this book. It's Ji-Ho. Sound familiar?😉Enjoy the chapter!⚠️

Jong-Su's Point of View..

When Jin was younger, Ji-Ho used to make me hurt him. Believe me, I hate that I was manipulated. I don't know how much longer I can stand to be married to her.

Fourteen years ago..

“Having you was such a mistake! Your grades disgust me! You know we don't accept anything less than an A-!” Ji-Ho exclaims as she beats Jin with a belt.

“I-i'm sorry, Momma.. I'll be better!” Jin says with tears running down his face.

“Well? Aren't you going to say anything?!” She asks me.

I glance at her and at my son and the welt marks on his bare back. “No.”

“What do you mean no?!”

I said no.” I state firmly. “Come on, Jinnie. Let's go.” I grab Jin's hand and pull him up to his feet and he cries out in pain.

“It hurts!” He says.

“I know it does, baby..” I walk away with Jin's hand in mine, leaving a screaming Ji-Ho behind.

“W-where are we going?” He asks me in a broken voice.

“The bathroom. I'll help treat your wounds.”

And once we get to the bathroom, that's what I do. I have him sit in the toilet with his back facing me as I gently dab a cold washcloth on the welt marks and wrap them up in gauze.

“Papa?”

“Hm?”

“Thank you.” Jin states with a slight smile.

“Of course, Jinnie. You know, I hate having to hurt you.”

“Really?”

“Really. You see, your Mom forces me to.” I shudder softly.

“Why can't you just leave her?”

“I wish I could. Maybe one day, I will. Now, you listen to me, hm? You and I might lose touch over the years and that's alright. But, when we do reconnect, I'll have severed ties with the woman or will be close to doing so. I want a relationship with you, Jinnie.”

“I want that too, Dad. We'll find each other again. I promise.” Jin says as he hugs me tightly. My eyes fill with tears as I return the hug.

Present Day..

I run out the door and grip Jin's hand. He looks at me with his eyes wide. “Please, Jinnie. You remember what I told you 14 years ago?”

“Of course I do.”

“Please give me another chance.”

Jin looks at Namjoon and he nods slightly before Jin responds, “Fine.”

My eyes brighten almost instantly as I follow them.

Maybe there's still hope..
Maybe I can finally have a good relationship with my son..

💜Author's Note: Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments and don't forget to vote! Also, how would you guys feel if I did a Yoonmin book after this?  It'd be after I finish this one and the Vmin one obviously! I already have an idea!💜