Chapter 13: Mending A Rotten Bridge

💜Author's Note: Topics of homophobia will be discussed. Not too sure about the specifics of it, but bear with me!💜

Jin's Point of View..

I sigh heavily. “Remind me again why I agreed to this?”

“Because we're not guaranteed tomorrow. The only thing we're guaranteed is today.” Namjoon responds with.

I sigh again as I gaze at the door with chipped red paint that holds some of my best memories and some of my worst inside. I think I could count the number of “happy” memories I've had within the small house with the paint chipping off on one hand. Whereas, the number of bad memories are infinitely many. Me coming out as gay wasn't the only thing my parents disagreed on.

Sure says something, huh?

“Stay close, alright?” I ask.

“We will. Don't worry.” Hoseok says.

“If anything happens, remember the signal.” Jimin says with a quiet chuckle.

“We didn't come up with a signal, dummy.” Yoongi says as he rolls his eyes.

“But seriously, we'll come save you if you need us to.” Taehyung says.

I nod as they go hide and I knock on the door.

“I swear to God, if you're trying to sell me crap I don't need, scram.” My mother screams through the door.

“You don't need to worry about that.” I suppress the urge to roll my eyes.

On the other side of the closed door, my mother gasps as she yells for my father.
“Jong-Su! Are we expecting any visitors?!”

My father comes from the kitchen. “What? No, I don't think so.”

“The voice sounds really familiar..”

I sigh as I wait for the door to open. After what feels like ten years later, when in reality, it was only 10 minutes, the door opened.

“Hi, Mom and Dad.”

“Jin?!” Dad asks me.

“In the flesh.”

“What is it that you want?” Mom asks in a harsh tone.

I sigh. “Don't talk to me like that, Mother. Can't you see that I'm trying to reconnect?!” I glare daggers at her. “Can I come in?”

Mom scoffs before moving to the side and I wince before slowly walking inside.

“Why did you come here?” Dad asks with a hint of concern in his voice as he watches me limp inside.

“I got into a car accident almost four months ago. And it was suggested that I come see you.”

“A car accident!?” Dad exclaims.

I nod my head.

“I have no idea why you came here of all places. Where's your little boy toy anyway?” Mom scoffs.

“Don't call him that!” I exclaim angrily.

“Before I even came out, you both were fine with Namjoon! I don't see why it's any different now that I'm out!”

Mom sighs. “We've gone over this, Jin. Until you get rid of this sickness, you're not welcome in this household.”

“I DON'T HAVE A SICKNESS! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU?!” I yell at her as I stand up in a rush and I immediately fall down on my left thigh and cry out in pain, which causes everyone that was hiding to barge into the house.

“What the hell did you do?!” Namjoon screams at my parents as he holds me close to his chest.

💜Author's Note: Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments and don't forget to vote!💜