Chapter 18: Words Hurt

Jin's Point of View..

“Do you think she'll give us problems?” I ask, slightly scared as I look over my shoulder at Mom yelling her head off and chasing after us.

Dad sighs. “I don't know. Hopefully she won't.”

“Yeah, hopefully.”

“It'll be ok, Jin.” Namjoon says as he rests his hand on my thigh, gripping it firmly as if he were trying to send me a sense of safety and security through his touch.

The car ride is silent for the most part until we get back to our house. We get out and start unloading boxes again and taking them inside.

I walk inside with a box in my arms and look around. Only to find 6 pairs of eyes staring back at me. “Where did Hobi and Yoongi go?”

“Ah, I dropped them off at Hobi Hyung’s house because Yoongi was ‘tired.’ When is he not tired?!” Jungkook huffs with a pout.

“Why couldn't Yoongi just get himself out of the car?”

“He passed out on Hobi's shoulder.” Jimin says as he rolls his eyes. “I was literally just telling him a funny story when he fell asleep!” He places his hand on his hip and scoffs.

I laugh. “I would've laughed at your story, Jiminie.”

“Thanks, hyungie.” Jimin grins his infamous eye smile before we get to work unpacking Dad's stuff.

By the end of it, it's late at night. Almost 8:30pm. Dad's stuff took longer to unpack than mine when I moved in! He has way more stuff than me, which I don't completely understand but it's whatever.
After everyone helps, they all head home leaving Dad, Namjoon and I in the house.

“I just want to say thank you again for letting me stay with you guys.”

“It's not a problem, Jong-Su.” Namjoon says with a dimpled smile.

He has the most beautiful smile..

“Yeah, it really isn't. But just because we're letting you stay in our house doesn't mean that you and I are ok. Words hurt more than actions, Dad. I'm willing to forgive you. But it'll take time. Because forgiveness is earned. Not given.”

Dad sighs heavily. “I understand that, Jin. I know it'll take time.”

I nod in response. “There's leftovers in the fridge if you're hungry.” I grab Namjoon's hand and walk to our bedroom. But what I don't notice is the fact that Dad has taken something off of my wrist when he pulled me in for a hug.

💜Author's Note: Please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts on this chapter and what you think of Jong-Su and if he's still a good guy. And don't forget to vote!💜