3

Chapter 3 Sixty Farm Girls

  The old lady felt in a daze that something had happened to her eldest son at that moment that she could not control. A little uneasy and a little angry, the confidence in her heart seemed to have disappeared. She could only pretend to be angry and scolded her eldest son who was much taller than her again. When her eyes swept over the white hair on the temples of the eldest son, she felt a sudden change in her heart. Trembling, "Boss, are you crazy? Why are you laughing for no reason? Let your lazy woman come out to make breakfast."

  The surrounding neighbors were lying on the courtyard wall and pointing at the old woman of the Meng family: "The old witch is showing off her power again, and the mountain is about to give in again. She is really a biased old witch."

  "Who says it's not the case? The old witch only sees the second son and his family. These are just the companions. They were born to serve the second son. Hehe, Meng Laoer is really lucky to have been liberated. He can still live like a landlord. The days of old money, tsk tsk tsk.”

  The people around are accustomed to the Meng family's morning drama. They come here from time to time, and they think that the old lady is performing a big drama for them for free. It has just been the New Year, the snow on the ground has not yet melted, and there is no work in the fields. Every household It’s still Maodong and there’s nothing to do.

"Mom, do you think that as the eldest, I should take care of the whole family with my mother-in-law and children? It's not enough for me and my children to work so hard, I also need to sacrifice my children's lives. The second brother and sister need to use such A big bowl hit Sannier on the head. How could a child as big as Sannier bear this? Even adults can't bear it, but you and your father never said a harsh word to your second younger brother and sister, and you didn't give any money to her. Sannier asked me to see a doctor. Could it be that I, Meng Dashan, am not my biological son, nor am I worthy of being a human being, but just a long-term worker raised by your second elder and second brother's family..." Meng Dashan's sobs made the old witch feel so angry that her heart ached. This bastard is really shaking the world. .

  "Okay, you boss, you are so brave, you dare to resist your mother. You are really evil. I made you big with shit and pee. This is how you repay me. Do you still have any conscience? Isn't it evil? My darling? The conscienceless Meng Dashan..." The old witch sat on the ground, patting her thighs with both hands and crying.

  Old Man Meng had a sullen face in the room, while Old Man Meng was still stirring up trouble in front of the old man, "Dad, I'm afraid this boss is rebellious for being so capable. Now that every family doesn't have enough to eat, why don't we just put the boss and the boss together?" Let’s go out three minutes later, otherwise you and my mother won’t know whether there will be food to eat in the future, which is not a good situation.”

  Old Man Meng is a person who is very afraid of death. It is better to live than to die. Now that there are no Japs and bandits, you have to live well no matter what. No matter how bad the conditions are, they can't be compared to those days.

  The old man of the Meng family pondered for a long time and glanced firmly at the old woman who was still making trouble outside. Thinking about it, I and my wife had already made a plan to follow the second one, and we might as well spread out the rest, so as not to dazzle the ones seeking death in front of our eyes.

  Old Meng walked out calmly and shouted, "Everyone come into the house, one by one without stopping."

  Meng Dashan followed and walked in. The old man sat in the front seat. He was silent for a while before speaking, "Boss, go and call the second and third families, as well as your own family."

  Meng Dashan seemed to think of another place for a moment. He walked a few steps and called his wife, his second son's family, and his third son's family. We sat down together in the main room. After everyone arrived, the old man spoke: "You guys are noisy every day. The house is as lively as a theater. This has a bad influence. I also want to understand. You have all grown up and have families." , they all have their own little thoughts, and they all take care of their own little families, so let’s divide the families, and find someone to go out and invite the village chief and party secretary, and your uncle to come and witness it.”

  Meng Dashan didn't say anything. It can be said that everyone in the room was looking forward to the separation. Meng Dashan went out and asked his eldest son Meng Jinming to go out to invite people. He listened to the old man's separation in the house. In fact, there was really nothing to separate. Everyone knows that there is no food. The money is probably not very much, just farm tools and things belonging to each house, plus some dishes and chopsticks. There's really nothing to divide.
After a while, the party secretary, the village chief and the uncle of the Meng family came. Uncle Meng was the accountant of the village. He had studied for several years in his early years and was much more reliable than Old Meng. Uncle Meng had always believed that his brother had slowly grown up since he got married. Became unreasonable. A bit crazy.

  He couldn't figure it out, but he tried to take care of it a few times, but his third son still didn't listen, so he didn't bother to take care of it. As long as he doesn't commit any crime, he really can't deal with these character issues. I can only let it go, saying that I don't have enough authority, but my brother won't listen.

  When Uncle Meng came in, Meng Jinming explained in detail the cause and effect of what happened at home. As soon as Uncle Meng came in, he saw the injury on Hongmei's head. Hongmei was carried outside by her mother, Ma Lanhua. Since the old people were separated, At home, I must tell you the reason. I can't just lie on the kang and be framed by the old couple at home. You have to suffer misfortune first. At this time, you have to stand on the moral high ground and look down on them. Otherwise, getting clean and leaving the house later will be secondary. The most important thing is a bad reputation. Some reputations are not important, but some reputations are very important. It can help yourself at critical times.

  Meng Hongmei is not a fool of this era. She is used to violence, but sometimes she pays attention to strategy. Before the family is separated, reputation is still important. Let’s talk about other things after the family is separated.

  Everyone could see the wounds on Hongmei's head as soon as they entered the yard, and there were blood scabs in some places, which was shocking at first glance.

  The party secretary, village chief, and Uncle Meng all came in looking at Hongmei's injuries. Grandpa Meng also walked up to Hongmei and said: "Xiao Hongmei, you've suffered. From the Dashan family, this child must be taken good care of. If you need money for anything, just go to my house and ask your aunt for it. Don't be reluctant to spend money. The child has a headache The injury is a big problem, you must take care of it so that nothing else happens?"

  "Thank you, Grandpa, for thinking about Hongmei. Hongmei will definitely be filial to you when she grows up." Hongmei's clear childish voice rang in the ears of several village cadres.

  Regardless of whether Hongmei can do it or not, that is a matter of the future, and they don’t want to take that long term, but Hongmei knows that it is still very comfortable to say this. At least in their eyes, Hongmei is a child who knows what is good and what is good, not That kid who doesn't know what's good or bad.

  Grandpa Meng smiled and said nothing, but gently touched the other half of Hongmei's head, and then went in. Is there anything else?