39. Love or Marriage?

Show some responses on the chapter. Do upvotes and comments.

That night, after having dinner Ishqi and Ahaan were moving towards their room. Ishqi was telling him about the scene at Kartik's school and they were laughing. They were about to enter their room when they heard Kartik 's voice. "Bhaiya, Bhabhi, mujhe aap dono se kuch baat karni hai." , Kartik requested. Ahaan and Ishqi nodded and exchanged their looks, and the trio then headed towards the room. Kartik took his seat on the single sofa while Ahaan and Ishqi sat on the adjacent couch.

Kartik drank the water and took a deep breath. He started saying, " I am dating someone Bhai and Bhabhi. Her name is Priya Sharma. We both met during our admission process in B.Ed. We both started talking with each other and sometimes we do meet each other and eventually we both fell in love with each other."
Ishqi exclaimed with excitement, "Ye baat tum ab bata rahe ho Kartik. Finally mere devar ko koi mil hi gayi."
"Atleast ab toh koi tujhe meri wife ke saath ship nahi karega." , Ahaan said jokingly. The trio chuckled. Ishqi hits his arm. They both started their banter.

"Bhai and Bhabhi, I have something else also to share." , Kartik made them quiet by his words.
He continued, "Actually Priya ke parents chahte hai ki vo uski shaadi next year tak karva sake, so they are looking for a groom. And Priya wants me to ask for her hand to her parents. Aisa nhi hai ki maine hamare relationship ko masti mein liya, but I am not ready to take responsibility of marriage as for now. I am hardly 24 years old,still not stable in my job and just pursuing another degree. That's why I was avoiding her calls but use lagta hai ki I have always considered our relationship as a fling. I am not able to make her understand. And it has been quite frustrating for me. Pata hai uss din bhi maine breakfast issliye prepare kiya because I wanted to distract my mind. And jab sab dining table vapas shaadi ki baat karne lage, it was just making me more frustrated. I am not able to think more."

Ishqi and Ahaan heard him attentively and exchanged their glances with each other. Ishqi stated, " I am happy Kartik that you opened up yourself.  I just want to say that Communication is the key for a successful relationship."
Ahaan smiled and informed Kartik, "We both want to talk to you and Priya togetherly. Kal jab tum dono free ho tab batana , we four will meet at the cafe. And for now sleep well and don't think much. "
Kartik nodded and wished them a good night and went to his room.

Ishqi and Ahaan remained on the couch in each other's embrace. Ahaan exclaimed, "I hope that we will be able to help them to understand each other 's perspectives." She nodded and replied, "Let's see what happens tomorrow." After some time, they headed to the bed to sleep.

The next day, at around 4 pm, Ahaan and Ishqi were waiting for Kartik and Priya and sometimes later they both came.

(She is Priya Sharma, Kartik's girlfriend.)

Ishqi asked them to take their seats. Priya was little nervous as for the first time she was going to meet someone from Kartik's family. She greeted them by joining her hands, "Namaste Bhaiya! Namaste Bhabhi!"
"Itna formal hone ki zarurat nahi hai Priya. Just relax.", Ishqi informed. Priya just nodded.
Ahaan spoke with a warm smile,"So, Kartik has shared with us that you both are in a relationship. It's good to meet you, Priya."
Kartik and Priya exchanged glances and took a deep breath. Priya, trying to ease the tension, said, "Thank you for having us. Kartik se maine aap dono ke baare mein bahaut suna hai "
"Hamare baare mein toh Kartik ne tumhe sab bata diya, but hume tumhare baare pata chalne bhi diya." , Ishqi jokingly said.
They chatted for a few more minutes.

Ahaan cleared his throat, gaining their attention and started speaking, "Love and Marriage are two different things that often found at crossroads. And marriage is the thing in which two persons build their life together. Jab tune Kartik shaadi ke liye apne age factor ke baare mein bola, I literally wanted to correct you at that point. Maine apne late 20s mein shaadi ki iska matlab ye nahi hai ki tu bhi tab hi kare, if you are mentally prepared then your age doesn't matter. Pata hum log marriage ko ek responsibility ki tarah lete hai and I guess responsibility is somewhat like a burden. But in reality, it's about companionship, understanding, and growing together. It's not a race against time."

Ishqi added, "I know, Priya, being in a relationship comes with lot of insecurities. But taking a decision on basis of insecurities is not good. I am not taking Kartik 's side, but agar vo bina kisi hesitation ke tumhe humse , matlab apne bhai aur bhabhi se mila raha hai, so he might be serious about the relationship."

Ahaan continued, "Priya, I understand parental expectations but it's crucial for you and Kartik to be on the same page. Parents just want their child 's happiness and once you are clear about your decisions then you can make them understand well. And Kartik, life is a continuous journey of growth and Stability comes with time and pursuing your dreams should not hinder your personal life. So you both just talk with each other more openly regarding your concerns and fears."

Kartik and Priya attentively heard their advices and they thanked them, they exchanged glances with a content. Ishqi thought to give the couple some space so she made an excuse that she and Ahaan had some work , before leaving Ahaan warned Kartik to drop Priya safely at her home.

Outside the cafe, Ahaan asked her, "Konsa kaam tha hume?"
" Use privacy dena kehte hai Mr Khanna. Main toh bhul gayi ki aap Khadoos Khanna hai , aapko thodi pata hoga ki couple ko privacy dena kise kehte hai." , Ishqi jokingly said.
Ahaan smirked and came near her and said, "Dekha jaaye toh hum bhi ek couple hi hai and we too can enjoy our private times." Saying this, he winked her. She started moving. "Dekho mujhe Khadoos bol rahi thi, ab itna accha idea diya toh aise jaa rahi ho." , he stated.
She replied, "Aapke private times ka sab matlab samajti hu main."
They laughed and walked away from the cafe.

"So what's the plan?" , Ishqi asked. Instead of replying her, he showed his finger towards the mall infront of them.
Ishqi excitedly exclaimed, "Shopping par chalenge hum !"
Ahaan facepalmed himself. He made her chin a little up and replied, "Madam , Shopping ke samne aapko kuch dikhta nahi hai, lekin apni nazar upar kariye, kyu ki hum dono movie dekhne Jaa rahe hai."
She made a pout. She asked with a concern, "Movie toh thik hai, lekin ghar jaane mein phir late ho jayega, maa akele kaise sambhalegi?"
He replied with a smile, "Tension mat lo, ghar par helper hai hi, maa will manage, main unhe inform kardeta hu." She nodded.
Ahaan informed Richa and then they headed towards their unplanned movie date.

During the movie, they whispered comments among themselves and shared laughter . As the movie ended, they came out from theatre with smiles on their faces along with discussing their favourite scenes from the movie. Later they headed towards the Khanna mansion.

Everyone at home had their dinner and they all went to their rooms. Ishqi and Ahaan were enjoying their dinner when Kartik came to take water. Ishqi called out his name , he came near them and Ishqi asked him to sit . Kartik sat on the chair and thanked them, "Thank you so much Bhai,Bhabhi, aajke liye."
"Bas kitna thank you bologe Kartik." , Ishqi replied and made him eat gajar ka halwa. Then she took the spoon towards Ahaan and  feed him the halwa. Again she took the spoon towards Kartik when he stopped her and said , "Maine vaise bhi accha khasa dinner karliya ,aap dono apna dinner enjoy karo, main chala." Saying this, he moved towards the kitchen but he stopped at his place and back hugged sitting Ahaan. Ahaan was a little bit surprised and Ishqi smiled seeing them. After sometime, Kartik broke the hug and wished them good night and went to the kitchen to take water.
"Ise kya hogaya achanak?" , Ahaan questioned Ishqi. She replied, " I think he might be a little emotional."

Ishqi was now feeding halwa to  herself and Ahaan and Ahaan stopped her and exclaimed, "I am full now, tum apna dessert acche se enjoy karo,main apna dessert room mein acche se enjoy karunga." Saying this, he winked her. She blushed understanding his words. She was having her halwa and he was sitting there and waiting for her to finish.