Chapter 6 - The Party

(One of the girls - The Weeknd) Is the main song playing at the party when all the adults leave while Ashton and Evelyn are having the heated moment and Jax is looking at them...pissed)

Ashtons POV

I begin buttoning down my shirt, getting ready for the party. I put on some black dress pants and black Italian suede shoes. All I can think about is seeing her again. Fuck, I want to be good for her, I want the time we're spending together to be worth it. 

I wince, my face still hurts like hell. I can't stop thinking about her tan skin, her thighs, the way I'd want her to wrap herself around me twice, or maybe a couple of times. I snap out of it when I hear Jax walk in. He asked me why I had a black eye last night and cuts under my eye and on my eyebrow, I told him what happened and he sucked his teeth and told me I had done the right thing. Those guys were lucky he wasn't there as well.  

"You wanted to talk to me, right?" Jax asks, sounding more serious than I expected. Jax is a serious guy and always has been. But he only ever gets this look on his face once in a blue moon in really shit situations. I nod walking over to the couch he sat down on, I sighed and sat down next to him with my hands in front of me. 

"How does Ally know about Evelyn's past and why do people call Evelyn a 'Junkie slut'?" I turn to him. He takes a deep breath. 

"The bonfire wasn't the first night I met Evelyn, or Sophie for that matter Ash. Sophie remembered me but Evelyn didn't. She was really messed up..." Before he could finish his sentence I stood up rubbing my face with both of my hands. 

"What the fuck happened Jax, tell me right fucking now," I order. I don't even care if it comes off like a demand, it fucking was. If I find out he slept with her I swear to God I'll lose my shit. 

"She was overdosing Ashton. I was smoking a cigarette in our old neighborhood and her family was having a party. I happened to be at the right place at the right time and she was sitting outside of her house, I'm guessing it was her house. She collapsed and she wasn't breathing I started panicking at first, looked for a pulse, called an ambulance, picked her up, and started knocking on the door like a lunatic. Sophie answered, there were so many screams so much crying, I don't even know how Sadie and Gianna didn't remember me they were all there." He stopped, getting teary-eyed. 

"I thought of your brother Ashton, how I couldn't save him but I could save this helpless girl in front of me. Once the ambulance came I didn't even know if she had made it or not." Head in his hands I feel a huge amount of guilt and confusion, I understand why he didn't tell me right away. It felt like someone had knocked my breath out. I fell back on the couch, she had a drug problem, like my brother did. I stand up and walk over to the wall. 

"FUCK," I yell, my fist connecting with the wall. Now we both have tears in our eyes. 

"I like her Jax, I like her and I want to make her mine. She's not that same girl. I didn't know her before, but there was this innocence about her. Someone or something hurt her bad enough that she felt the need to do anything to escape the pain she was feeling back then. I know it." I say to him. He nods his head, sucking his teeth. 

"We gotta go, it's time for the party," I say numbly. He rubs his neck, nods his head, and begins to follow me outside. 

Evelyns POV

I stare at myself in the huge mirror I have in my room. I wore my white silky dress which had a loose, long neckline that exposed just the right amount of cleavage. I couldn't wear a bra with it because it was backless. I wore the clear strapped heels and Sadie had done a smokey eye on me. She was great at makeup.