Chapter 21 - Better than one

Playlist for this chapter: Monte Fish: Hotel// Isabel LaRosa: older (sped up)// Isabel LaRosa:I'm yours// One of the Girls: The Weeknd// Meg Myers: desire (sped up or not)// Ari Abdul-babydoll// Fill the void- lily rose Depp and The Weeknd// Boyfriend-Dove Cameron 

Evelyn's POV

"We'll play it my way. Never have I ever slept with more than one person at the same time." I said provocatively, wondering if either of them had done what I had never. 

Jax and Ashton look at each other and then frown at me, Ashton's head cocked to the side as he tries to figure me out. Jax's fingertip rubs the edge of his wine glass gently as he stares into my soul. They both drink from their wine glasses and I raise my eyebrows, wow so they both have experience in that. Interesting. 

I didn't know what was wrong with me tonight, I felt reckless, I've behaved for so long that I wanted to do something crazy. I wanted to feel something different. Something that only both of them could give me at the same time. 

I uncross my legs and brush my foot against Jax's leg, discreetly. I do the same to Ashton with my other foot, just to get the idea of physical contact going because I had no idea how this was going to unravel. Jax clears his throat and Ashton clenches and unclenches his fist. I suck on my bottom lip, eyes fluttering back and forth between both of them. They both knew me well, they both knew I was asking for something, and by the way Ashton's irritation radiated off his body I knew he was coming to realize what it was. Seems fair, doesn't it? 

"What? Both of you slept with the same girl?" I ask, wanting to find out more. Jax laughs and Ashton shakes his head, seeming a little embarrassed to talk about the topic with me.

"No, Evelyn that's not-no it wasn't like that," Ashton mutters looking at his glass.

"We were not involved in each other's threesomes, he did it at one point, and I did it at one point. College is like that, it's overrated." Jax says, squinting at me as if he's trying to decipher why I've brought this up. 

I nod my head nonchalantly, loving the honesty. 

"Never have I ever enjoyed a threesome," Jax says, throwing his hands up as if he doesn't know what else to say. 

I look over at Ashton and see if he drinks his wine or not, but he doesn't, and I get a sense of satisfaction from that. But a sense of curiosity as well. 

"Well?" I ask Ashton. His eyes darken when they land on me and for a second, I'm intimidated. Intimidated and turned on, all the same, he knows. He's just figured out exactly what I want to do. He downs the rest of his wine, greedily. Grabs the car keys from the table and calls the waiter over for the bill. My high hopes are deflated for a moment until I hear what he says next. 

"Let's finish this at our place." Ashton says with an expression on his face that says, 'I'm not happy about this but I'll satisfy you'. Jax doesn't ask any questions he just keeps his eyes on me and then shoots Ashton a perplexed look.  

The drive back to Jax and Ashton's house was nerve-racking because I genuinely didn't have a clue if either of them got the memo, not really anyway. None of us were really saying what we were thinking, we were all talking in riddles. 

Jax opens the car door for me, and I follow him and Ashton into their house. Ashton tells me to make myself at home and I hug the coat I was wearing tighter around my body; I don't know if it was just my nerves, but it was freezing in here. It was just past midnight so I shot my brother a text saying I wouldn't be home anytime soon. 

Ashton walks over to his fridge and grabs three shot glasses and a whole bottle of vodka. Oh boy.  I see Jax walk over to him, and I hear him whisper something to Ash, a question.