Chapter 25 - Bookings

Evelyn's POV 

I had been attending meetings about three times a week. The guys offered to go with me, but I told them it was fine, this was my problem, and they couldn't get clean for me. I had been sober for about two weeks now, the cravings subsided more and more each day. The days after the detox were the toughest with the cravings but that's when I would drive myself to a meeting without a second thought. 

"You ready to go on this trip tomorrow?" Gianna asked actively, her big green eyes engaging with my own. I smiled softly at her, raising my eyebrows and fiddling with the folded letter in my hands.  

"Yeah, I guess," I said faintly. Gianna chews her lower lip and runs a slim finger across my cheek. 

"What's wrong Eve?" She asks delicately. I let out a burned-out sigh before facing her. 

"I miss Sophie, I'm happy she's in love and everything but I feel like we never have enough time together anymore. On top of that, I'm kind of worried about going on a trip with Ashton, I don't want my feelings to contradict my words." I exhale. 

Gianna walks over to my mirror and starts fixing her black locks, she looks at me through the mirror as I sit on my floor with my legs crossed. 

"So come to the bonfire tonight, she'll be there! Plus, Ashton isn't the only one going on the trip you'll have Jax and I too. I know you're sad that Sophie and Sadie aren't coming but think about all the food we're going to try, all the shopping we're going to get to do!" She squeals, I give her a lazy smile and nod my head. 

"Let's text the girls to come over right now, so we can get ready for the bonfire together, just like we used to." She says grabbing her phone. 

I look down at the letter in my hand signed by Jax, I haven't read it yet and truthfully, I'm a bit anxious about what it could say so I stand up and place it in my drawer for later. 

- - - 

Night fell fast and thankfully so did my anxiety. The nights were getting warmer, and the days started to feel like last summer. The summer I fell in love, that was long gone now. Or so I thought. Sadie and Sophie were now in the room with Gianna and me, Sophie was asking me all types of questions about the meetings I'd been to, and I gave her a vague explanation. 

"The people are inviting, I found two good meetings I like. They help, but enough about me! How are you and Cole??" I ask eagerly. Sophie's face turns bright red at the mention of Cole's name. 

"Oh Eve, he's just fucking dreamy, and the sex my gosh the sex is just insane. We have this chemistry that is just polluted with tension, in the best way. Anyways, I really wish I was going on that trip with you." She says softly. 

"I know, I miss you a lot Soph," I tell her, she frowns a little before hugging me and talking into my shoulder. 

"I promise when you come back, we'll have sleepovers like we used to, okay?" She promises. 

I hold her for a moment and nod my head, feeling better knowing I have something to look forward to when I get back home. 

Sophie helps me up and I see Sadie looking out of my window and an orange-like flame dancing in the reflection. The bonfire must have started already, I fiddle with my fingers nervously. Cole, Jax, Ashton, and Damien were for sure there already.