arrival

"Okay, I'm..."

"Woah." He's totally stunned, and I'm completely flattered.

"You've seen me in this before, haven't you?," I'm quite sure he has.

"Oh, I would've remembered that night."

"No, I don't think it was a date, though... You were there when I bought it, but you were also exhausted."

"Oh," he simply replies.

"Are um... Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, just nervous about tonight."

"You, nervous? Come on, tell me what's really up."

"The boys will be there tonight.."

"You know I adore them, how could that be what's bothering you?" His anxiety is influencing my own.

"I know but... actually, I don't. Can we go now?"

"Yeah, sure." In my mind there are dozens of possibilities of how tonight will go and how it will continue when we return home. None of them are even the least bit reasonable, just conclusions hopping around. All is well; peace and be still. Repeating my mantra the entire ride there, I'm totally unaware of my surroundings, and it takes a moment for me to catch onwhen we reach our destination.

+++

Harry's POV

"Hey, you awake?" It takes me waving my hand in front of her face for her to surface from her depth of thought.

"What? Oh! Right."

"Ya good?" I'm hoping she is and that she stays that way when she realizes what we're doing tonight.

"Yeah, just dazed. "

"Alright, then let's hop out."

+++

her POV

"How many?," the hostess asks as I cower behind Harry. She is incredibly beautiful, and even though Harry is loyal, sin is tempting. I study the setting, take note of the dim lighting from crystal chandiliers, while Harry speaks to the woman about the reservation.

Harry taps my shoulder and I follow him and our waiter to a remote table with only seats. "I thought the boys would be here?, " speaking my thoughts.

"They cancelled," he smiles.

I'm both relieved and dissapointed, and unaware of what expression I have on.