hero

He thanks the man and asks for water when he takes our drink order. We're silent until he returns with our glasses. He takes a sip and then looks directly into my eyes, stern enough to feel like be was boring holes. 

"I would never even think of glancing at another girl. I have you. There's nothing I could want more." 

"Are you a superhero?" Only superheroes can read minds. 

"If I'm your hero." 

"Did you... Did you just?" 

"I did indeed. Thoughts?"

"Smooth af!," I almost shout, slight panic is apparent on his face and he scours the room hastily, checking for stares around the restaurant. 

"I think we're good,"  I assure, finding humor in his caution and giving the 'all clear'. 

"Yeah, me too." I have no idea where I'd be without him. "You feeling better now?"

"Of course..." I pause, thinking of what I should say, "Thank you, Harry. You make everything better, really." I feel like there's still more to say, more to be grateful for. Are there even words for an explaination? 

He halts my searching with: "And the same for you. You... you are my everything. You mean more than than.. the universe. There's nothing I can compare to you. Nothing that will ever be as great as you." When he looks back up at me, he takes his thumb under my welling eyes. "I didn't mean to make you cry."

"I didn't mean to," I chuckle, trying to pull the attention from me as I see the waiter approaching. "Um, Harry...," I say nodding towards and our server.

"Are we wanting drinks now?"

"I'll be fine, thank you, but could you bring lemons, please?"

"Of course. And for you, sir?"

"Water is perfect, thank you." Thank the Lord for his mother teaching him manners. 

"And do we know what we will eating tonight?"

"I haven't even looked at the menu yet, I'm so sorry."

"No worries, take your time."

"Thank you." He leaves and I look over at Harry, reciprocating my thoughts, he does the same. 

"I meant every word."

"I know."

"I love you."

"To the sun and back."

________________________________________________________

ill just be adding a lot of short parts okay? okay. it makes it easier tbh (heart emoji)