safety

Harry's POV

"Doctor Ross, please please tell me Cam-"

"She is fine, sir," he interrupts, seeing how frantic I am, "she will definitely need to stay for a while, no injuries were certain of, testing still needs to be done. As of now, I will advise you to get some water and have a seat, and you look pretty beaten up as well."

I haven't had a single thing to drink since dinner hours ago, and even though hydration is near the bottom of my list of priorities, I know she would be hounding me to drink if she was sitting next to me. A nurse that is leaving from her shift approaches me with a hand on my shoulder asking me if I need anything.

"Water would be just fine, thank you," trying my hardest and failing to hide the ever-present worry in my voice.

The nurse returns with a large paper cup filled with what I asked for and asks permission to sit next to me.

"I'm Brandy, I saw you in the ER a while ago. I thought you should know that your wife will be fine. This is a great hospital and we have some really good doctors who'll do anything to make sure she's doing great as soon as possible."

"It's their job isn't," I snap, being angry with myself for her not making her my bride. "I didn't mean that, I'm so sorry."

"You're fine, I've heard much worse things from parents that have a child with as much as a broken arm."

"That's horrible." I will always be amused by people who think they're more important than others simply because they're dressed nicer or have a big house.

"Usually the rich ones."

"That's precisely what I was thinking. I'm Harry, by the way," holding out my hand for her to shake.

"It was nice to meet you Harry, but I have to get going, got a dog to feed. I'll be working tomorrow, too, so maybe I'll see you around."

"You too, Brandy. Thank you for helping me forget, even if it was just for a few minutes."

"My pleasure," she smiles, "hope you get some sleep."

"No promises," I joke as she finally turns around.

It's then when I remember why I'm at a hospital. I take the longest elevator ride of my life back up to her room as I sip on the water Brandy retrieved for me.

__________________________

i decided to update twice cos i had a ton of ideas running around in my head, also it's been like a month since my last (oops) im really liking where this is going and I hope you are too!! [thanks maddydwilliams for reading even though you aren't a part of 1d's madness :)]