⁴ ⁷ [It is about me]

☆.。.:*

JUDE'S POV

It's almost the end of the show, and I don't think she's seen me. The fans didn't notice me when she pointed towards us, which I'm grateful for.

But wow.

When she came out of the stage in the beginning, she looked perfect. She's meant to be on that stage.

And the way that she's been performing so far, she truly looks like a star tonight.

I watch as she takes a seat on the stage, she looks beautiful.

"She's been incredible," I say to Gavi as we both watch her.

"Yeah," he agrees. "We're going to have to watch another one of her shows soon."

He turns to me after finishing his sentence, "you're not coming to any other shows, are you Jude?"

I give him a sad smile and shake my head, "I don't think so Gavi. This was the one I promised to watch, and I'm here. I won't have any regrets about not coming, but I can't go to anymore."

I turn back to the stage, and watch her in admiration. "She looks happy...and that's a good way for me to remember her."

I listen intently as she announces that she's been hiding a secret. I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me a little nervous, what kind of secret could she be hiding?

"I have a new song, and it's been done for a while now. But instead of releasing it, I decided, why not sing it on the first night of the tour?" she says into the mic.

Oh, Thank God it's about a song.

"Before I sing it though...this song really does hold a deep place in my heart. It was written during a difficult time in my life, and it's truthfully what got me through that. So I hope you enjoy."

I turn to Gavi, "do you know what's it's about?"

He shakes his head, "no, I didn't even think she was writing anything new."

"the only difficult thing she's gone through was..." he says before stopping himself.

I raise my eyebrow at him, "what was it?"

He avoids eye contact with me and slightly frowns, "um, your breakup."

"But it's probably not about that," he tries to laugh off.

I laugh too, that's a crazy thought. There's no way she'd write a song about our breakup.

I watch as she slowly brings the mic to her mouth, finally ready to start singing.

"If you were a teacher, I would fail your class
Take it over and over til you noticed me
If you were a waiting room, I would never see a doctor
I would sit there with my first aid kit and bleed
I want to be the power ballad that lifts you up and holds you down
I wanna be the broken love song that feeds your misery."

It's just a love song, I knew it wasn't going to be about me.

"And I can wish all that I want, but it won't bring us together
Plus I know whatever happens to me, I know it's for the better."

Wait.

She told me those words when we broke up.

She stops singing, letting the music run for a couple of seconds.

I notice as she starts watching the crowd. I notice the look of happiness on her face. I notice the big smile that hasn't been erased since she came out on stage. I notice it all.