chapter four

After getting dropped off back at home, Allie sat in the kitchen. Letting out a loud sigh, she grabbed her phone. Debating whether or not to call Nathan, she finally decided that she would just go over. She grabbed her keys and bag and walked out the front door.

Getting into the driver's seat, she made her way to Nathan's house. She pulled into the Scott's driveway and parked her car before turning it off. She checked herself in the mirror of her car before getting out.

Walking towards the front door, she rang the doorbell and waited. She tried to calm herself down, knowing that if she showed her anger, Nathan would just mistreat Lucas even more. The door finally opened revealing Nathan.

"Hey." He says to her. She sighs again before speaking, "Hey. I looked over your English exam and if you really want to learn, I can help you." He chuckled lightly, "That's great. Alright." Before he could say more, she interrupted him.

"But, I have two conditions." Nathan nodded at her to continue. "1. Lucas does not find out, ever." He nods again, "Alright, fine. What's the other one?" Allie pauses for a second and looks at him then continues, "2. You leave him alone."

He sighs and nods his head again, "Well, guess I don't really have much of a choice do I?" She shakes her yes and smiles lightly.

"Guess not. Um, tomorrow morning, 7AM at the market street dock." She says and turns to walk away.

"Wait, what about the tutoring center?" He asks her before she could leave. She turns back around, "No way, the dock. Take it or leave it Nathan." "Okay, 7 it is." He replies and Allie nods at him before leaving.

Nathan watches as she walks to her car and drives off, an unknowing smile forming on his face.

-

She was sitting on the dock and looked at her watch, 7:10. She sighs and looks around to see if she could spot him anywhere, but to no luck, she doesn't. "Ugh, he's not even taking this seriously." She mumbles to herself and looks back down to her paper.

Suddenly she hears footsteps and looks up. "Breakfast of champions, you want some?" Nathan asks her as he sits down across from her. "You're late." She says and looks back down to her paper.

He opens up a box of Cracker Jack and grabs the prize. "Oh, please let this be a cheat sheet." He says and opens it.

Curious, Allie looks up and watches him open up the bag. He pulls out a beaded bracelet and looks at the girl across from him.

"It's for you." He says and grabs her wrist. She furrows her eyebrows and attempts to pull her arm back, "Stop it." "Come on." He says and gives his puppy dog eyes. Allie scoffs and holds her wrist out. He slides the bracelet on and looks into her eyes.

"Don't say I never gave you anything." He says, still looking in her eyes. She scoffs and turns her head, "Please don't waste my time Nathan. I'm already taking a chance with you because my instincts are telling me that you aren't full of crap." She says looking at him.

He chuckles and keeps his eyes on her, "I'm not." She looked into his blue eyes and felt herself getting a little distracted, just a little bit. She grabs her book and sets it next to him, "Okay, let's just get started." He smiles and opens up his notebook.

-

Day turned to night and Nathan and Allie were still studying. "Hey, I need to start getting ready for the game. So maybe we should wrap it up for now." Allie says getting up from the chair. After the winds started to blow heavily outside, the two of them decided to continue the tutoring at Allie's house.

"How about we go together? You can get your stuff and then once you're done, we can go to my place so I can get my stuff." Nathan suggests, causing Allie to laugh. "Nate, we can't." "Why not? It would save you gas and we're already going to the same place." Nathan says, trying to convince her.