chapter ten

Allie wakes up in Nathan's arms and smiles before snuggling closer into his neck. "So, if Ada comes into my room, I'm pushing you off my bed and out my window okay?" She jokes with him. He laughs and runs his hands up and down her arm.

"Look, I think I should get back to the madness." Nathan says which makes Allie whine and cuddle him even tighter.

"But, hey, if I could, I'd stay like this all day." He says and grabs her chin to make her look at him. She laughs and quickly kisses him before getting up.

Nathan was putting his shoes on but before he could get up to leave, Allie wraps her arms around his neck and pulls him in for a deep kiss again. She pulls away and places one last kiss on his lips, "Bye, Nate." He laughs and gets up, "Bye, baby."

-

Allie was walking around campus with Lucas when a semi argument between the two occurred. "Brooke's honest, she's not afraid to be herself. And plus, she's not covered head to toe in issues." Lucas says which makes Allie scoff.

"You know, Peyton just had a hard life alright. Cut the girl some slack." Allie says and sits next to him. "You know what, if you're happy, I'm happy." Lucas stares at her and frowns. "Are you...happy?" He asks her and she nods her head excitedly. "Yeah, I am."

-

A couple of hours later, Allie and Peyton were painting signs for the school. "Hey, you okay?" She asks the latter. "Yeah, just... I went over to Lucas's place last night and Brooke was there." Peyton says and Allie sighs.

"Yeah, they've been spending a lot of time together lately." She says and rubs the other girl's shoulder. "It's okay, I'll be fine."

Before the conversation could get any further Brooke walked up to the two girls. She smiles and crouches down next to Peyton.

"Hey, I wanted to talk about Lucas." Allie took that as her sign to go somewhere else and excuses herself. "I'm gonna go grab some water."

Walking around, she sees Nathan, "Nate!" She says and walks over to him. She could see the frown in his face. "What's wrong?" She asks, grabbing his face to look at her. "Whitey cancelled practices." He answered her before grabbing her hand and placing a kiss on it.

"I'm so sorry Nathan." She says and rubs his cheek. "It's okay. Hey, I'll uh, catch you later okay?" He says and kisses her on the lips quickly before leaving. "Okay, bye." She says and walks back to Peyton who had a sour look on her face.

-

Allie and Brooke walked into Peyton's room when Brooke picked up the camera and took a polaroid of Peyton. She turns around to face her two friends when the flash goes off. "What are you guys doing?" She asks with a smile.

"Documenting." Brooke says and the two girls go to lay beside Peyton on bed, Brooke on her left and Allie on her right.

"A day without cheer. Hour one." Allie says and looks at the sketches Peyton was working on. "Hm, there's something wrong with this picture though." Brooke points out and Allie turns to look at her.

"Oh, I know what it is. We're not in it." She says and the girls softly laugh before Brooke picks up the camera again. The three of them posing for the polaroid. Brooke and Allie look at Peyton before looking back at each other.

"Would you please draw your freaky drawings later?" Brooke asks and the two girls laugh. "There's no basketball. We're young, we're gorgeous... We have all this free time. So, let's go do something fun." Brooke asks.

Peyton looks at the two girls before speaking. "What about Lucas and Nathan? I'm sure they'd be up for some fun. Probably with some polaroids too."

Brooke sighs and looks at Allie who nods her head. "Lucas... the monkey in the room." "Elephant." Peyton and Allie both say as they softly laugh. "Whatever." Brooke says.