chapter six

"Hey, stranger." Allie says, walking up to Lucas. "No stranger than you." Lucas says back to her. She laughs at his response. "Did you get my message last night?" He asks her. She nods her head no. "I was at the library late last night, midterms." Lucas looks at her.

"Yours or Nathan's?" He asks with a roll of his eyes. She looks back at him, "Both, actually." He scoffs. "Right, good luck with that."

She sighs and steps in front of him. "Luke, you're cool with this, right? I mean last week, when you said you didn't trust me-"

"I know, I didn't mean that alright?" Lucas interrupts and continues. "I meant I don't trust Nathan." Before she could respond, Peyton walked up to them. "Hey, got a second?" Allie, who thought Peyton was speaking to her, replies with a yes instantly. Peyton stutters, "Uh, actually I meant Lucas, sorry Allie."

Allie's eyes widened, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll just leave you two alone." Allie smiles and looks at the two of them with a knowing look and walks away. 

Before she could get too far, Nathan comes up to her. "Hey, you excited for the game tonight?" She laughs, "Yeah I'm excited to see them get their ass kicked. Again." She emphasizes and laughs.

He chuckles and stares at her. "I'll look for you." He says, turning to walk away. "Okay." She says and he winks at her before walking to class.

-

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Allie asks Peyton, laying down on Peyton's bed. "Yeah, what's up?" She says and lays down next to her. "Um this might be a little weird but-" Suddenly, there's a knock on her door.

A hand holding white panties was shown before Brooke entered. "Safe yet?" She asks and walks closer to the bed.

"No hostile tone, no bitter complaints, no yelling at your best friend 'cause you broke up with your jerk of a boyfriend?" She continues. Peyton and Allie let out a laugh. "Oh my god, a smile!" She jokes further. "Alright alright. You can stop." Allie says and laughs.

"I was a mess last week. I'm sorry." Peyton says to the brunette. "Apology accepted, now get your skinny asses up and let's go beat the Pirates." She says lifting up her skirt and showing her butt to the webcam. Peyton and Allie laughs. "What are you doing?" Peyton asks, shaking her head.

"What? It's a webcam, that's what it's for." Brooke defends, grabbing the pom poms and throwing it at Peyton and Allie. "Now, we're even." Allie and Peyton looked at Brooke, "You're dead." They both said and chased after Brooke.

-

The cheerleaders arrived in the gym and began putting their bags down on the ground. As they walked to their side of the court, Lucas made a hoop.

"Oh see, Lucas looks totally hot in blue, you should totally hook up with him." Brooke says to Peyton. "Yeah what's that all about Peyton?" Allie asks her friend with a knowing look. "Nothing, and stop it Brooke."

Brooke and Allie laughed. "What? At the very least, you're due for a little rebound action unless you're still into Nathan." Brooke says and Peyton shakes her head.

"I'm not into him anymore, like at all." Peyton defends. "Alright, well since you're my pal, you can have a courtesy hold on Lucas for the weekend. But after that, he's fair game." She says to Peyton.

Allie chuckles and shakes her head. "Oh my god, Brooke." She says. "Oh don't start Allie. You still havent told me what you and Nathan talked about last week." Brooke replies, pushing Allie's shoulder lightly.

"I remember him coming up to you before the game and seeing you guys hug, very affectionately at that." Brooke states, poking Allie's side.

"Nothing is going on." Allie replies with a confused look. Peyton licks her lips before answering for her. "She's tutoring Nathan." Brooke gives Allie a look. "And hanging out with Lucas. Right, we're supposed to believe she's just friends with both of them." Brooke says with a teasing smile.