chapter seventeen

(a/n: This show was made in the very early 2000s and teen girls cared about how they looked a lot back then. Please remember that your body is perfect no matter the weight or size.)

Allie was wearing one of Nathan's basketball jackets over her tank top and sweats. Her belly button piercing on full display. They had cheer practice early in the morning since they had to cheer at a basketball game and compete in the cheer competition.

She stood opposite of the cheerleaders while they cheered to look for any imperfections. "Brooke, it seems a little sloppy." She says to her co-captain.

Brooke groans out in frustration. Before she could say anything else Nathan approached her. She smiles and goes up to him.

"Hey, how'd it go?" She asks her boyfriend who greets her with a kiss. "I got the apartment." He informs her and she squeals. She wraps her arms around his neck and he chuckles.

"That's great!" She yells out excitedly. "Drained my savings and paid first and last month's rent. It's mine on Sunday." He explains to her. "Nate, I would've helped you. Why didn't you say anything?"

He shakes his head. "No, it's okay." "Well, I'm glad." She says and he places his lips on her again. "Allie, hello?! Practice, remember?" She hears Brooke from next to her.

She groans and kisses her boyfriend one last time. "Uh oh." He says to her and she laughs. "I'll see you later." She says to him and lets go of him.

"Nathan, while I appreciate you interrupting our practice, we'd better get back to it." Brooke says to him with a scowl. He laughs and puts his hands up. "Sorry Brooke, want a kiss too?" He offers jokingly.

Allie hits his chest and scoffs. "Get out of here." She says to him and he laughs. He kisses her head once more before leaving.

"Alright! Everyone arms up!" Brooke says to them. Allie and Brooke walk around observing everyone's 'T' pose. "Theresa, terrible posture. Pinch that penny." Brooke says and walks over to Bevin. "You need a breath mint." She hears Brooke say.

Allie walks over to Peyton and smiles. "This is going to be a fun weekend." She says to Peyton with a hopeful smile.

Peyton looks at Brooke. "Yeah, it is." Brooke walks over and Allie steps back. "Peyton... nice form. An excellent betrayal of a best friend." She pettily says and walks away.

"Wrong. Wrong. You guys this weekend are the Classics, it's our biggest cheer competition. Aren't you sick of Claire Young and the Bear Creek Warriors taking home the trophy every year? Because I am." Brooke spits out in frustration.

"We need to get it together here and I'm not just talking about the team." Allie sighs. "I'm talking hair, nails... underarms, Theresa." Brooke says annoyingly.

"Brooke cheerleading is supposed to be fun." Bevin says and Brooke scowls at her. "Yeah? Well winning's funner. And if you don't like it you can go cheer for the wrestling team."

Allie grabs Brooke's arm and pulls her closer. "B, calm down. It's fine, we'll get it together." She tries to comfort the brunette. Brooke sighs and smiles gratefully at her before looking at her neck.

"Allie! You seriously need to get more concealer." Brooke says and pulls down Nathan's jacket, revealing the marks on her neck to the whole team.

"Brooke!" She yells and tries to zip the jacket back up but Brooke holds on tighter. "Guess cheerleading isn't the only exercise you've been doing huh?" Peyton teasingly says with a wink.

Allie scoffs and looks at her. "Woah, Allie. I don't think there's enough concealer in the world that is going to cover that up." Bevin says.

"Okay, this is not about me." Allie defends herself. "No, it's about Nathan Scott branding my co-captain right before a big competition." Brooke says and looks back at Allie.