chapter fifteen

Allie pulled into Nathan's driveway when she saw Deb and Dan arguing with Nathan standing right in front of them. Rushing out of her car, she runs over to where Nathan was and grabs his arm.

"What's going on?" Nathan asks and squeezes her hand. "Your mother's on crack. She changed the locks to my house." Dan spits out, staring straight at Deb.

"Will you open the damn door?" He asks angrily. Allie looks up at her boyfriend and sees a frown on his face. "No, you have to leave!" Deb yells out from across the door.

"Fine. Come on Nathan and Allie, I'll buy you guys breakfast." Dan says, walking over towards the couple. Following Dan, Deb opens the door.

"Nathan." She exclaims, grabbing his arm. "Hey, do you mind? I need to talk to my son." Dan shouts, causing Allie to hide behind her boyfriend.

"Yes, I do mind!" Deb shouts back to him. Dan and Deb started shouting over each other causing Nathan to get angry. He removes his hand from her and walks in between them.

"Alright! Stop it! Stop! You guys don't get to decide who I live with alright? I do!" He yells. "What are you talking about?" Dan asks him.

"Look it up, it's not your decision. All I have to do is take my case to the judge. And right now, I don't know if I wanna live with either of you two." Nathan explains and walks over to Allie. He grabs her hand and they both walk into the house.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." Nathan says and sits on the counter. Allie places herself in between his legs and wraps her arms around his neck.

"It's okay. I'm sorry your parents are fighting." She says and pulls him in closer, bringing him into a hug. "I'll always be here." She says into his shoulder and kisses it. He wraps his arms around her and sighs.

-

Allie was cleaning up the cafe when she heard the door open. She turns and sees Nathan standing there. "Hey you." She says to him. "Hey, you're still here." Nathan says and walks up to her, wrapping his arms around her.

"Yeah, are you okay?" She asks him and grabs his face. "Whatever I said the last time you asked me that question probably still applies." He admits to her. "Want some coffee, there's some left if you want to talk about it." She says and looks into his eyes.

"Actually I'm kind of tired of talking about it." He admits to her once again. She nods and gets out of his embrace to take off her apron. She walks back over to him and places him on the table.

He sits down and she stands in between his legs with her arms wrapped around his neck. "Is there anything I can do to help?" She asks him.

"Well I was thinking about what you said, about living in the moment. I realized that if I'm going to live in the moment, I want to live in it with you." He says and grabs her hips. She felt him run his hands up and down on her hips and she smiled.

Nathan slowly leans in and kisses her. She kisses him back and softly smiles into the kiss before pulling away and staring at him. "I love you so much." Nathan says to her.

She gasps and looks at him. "Really?" He chuckles and nods his head. "Of course I do, you dork." He says and taps her nose. "I love you too." She says to him and places her lips to his again.

Her phone started ringing and she pulled away. "No, just ignore it." Nathan says and places his lips on hers again. She giggles and kisses him back.

Her phone stopped ringing and suddenly Nathan's started ringing. He lets out a groan and grabs his phone. Looking at the caller ID, he looks at Allie confused. "It's Brooke."

He answers the phone. "Brooke?" "Hey Nate, are you with Allie right now?" The couple could hear her crying over the phone.

"Uh yeah, I'll give the phone to her." Nathan hands the phone to her and she takes it. "Brooke, what's wrong?" Nathan walks around Allie and places his arms around her in a back hug.

"Can you come over? I just need a friend right now." She sobs over the phone. "Um yeah, I'll be there in 15 minutes." Brooke ended the phone call and Allie handed the phone back to her boyfriend. "I think she found out about Luke and Peyton." She explains and sighs.

"Aw, man." He says and places a kiss on top of her head. "I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow. If you need anything, just call me." She says and turns around to face him. She takes a hold of his face and brings him down to place one last kiss on him.

-

Allie walked into Brooke's room and saw her snuggled up in her bed. "Oh Brooke." She says and drops her overnight bag on the floor.

She climbs on her bed to cuddle the girl. Brooke turns in her hold and places her head into Allie's chest. "They were sneaking around my back. Lucas and Peyton." Brooke explains with sobs in between.

Allie rubs her back and stays there, just letting her cry. "I'm so sorry, Brooke." Allie says with tears in her eyes. Brooke sniffles and continues crying in her friend's embrace.

"I'm so stupid." Brooke says once again and wraps her arms around her friend. Allie squeezes her and sighs.

A while later Brooke finally had fallen asleep on Allie. She slowly lets go of Brooke and places her head on her pillow. Allie sighs and stares at the girl in front of her. "I love you B. Davis." She says and gets up when Brooke holds onto her wrist. "I love you too." She says and closes her eyes again.

Allie decided to call Nathan and explain what was happening. She walks out onto Brooke's porch and calls her boyfriend. "Hey, how's Brooke doing?" Nathan asks her over the phone.

She sighs and looks up at the sky. "Not good. I'm gonna stay with her tonight but I wanted to call you and make sure you're okay." She says to him. He chuckles and sucks in a breath. "I moved to my dad's." He says and Allie furrows her brows.

"Oh. How is it?" She asks and he scoffs. "It's whatever." "Are you okay?" She asks again. "I'm okay, I promise. I love you." He says to her, causing a smile to form on her lips. "I love you too, goodnight." She says and hangs up the phone.

"Nathan?" She hears a voice ask from behind her. She turns to look and sees Brooke walking up to her. "Yeah, just checked in on him." She says and holds out her arm so Brooke could sit next to her.

Brooke places herself next to her friend and wraps the blanket around both of them. "I knew." Allie says and Brooke looks at her confused. "I knew about Lucas and Peyton. I found out right before his accident. That's why we were fighting in the first place." Brooke nods her head in acknowledgement.

"Oh." "I told him to tell you. Said that I was gonna stick by your side when you found out because I didn't like what they did. It's not right." Allie says and Brooke snuggles closer to her. "Thank you." She says to her and together they sit in silence.