chapter nine

Monday morning at school, she met up with Brooke and Peyton, a big smile on her face. "What's got you so happy A. Bazor?" Brooke asks and she squeals.

"Okay, promise you guys won't freak out." She says and Peyton and Brooke stop walking. "What's going on?" Peyton asks and Allie smiles again.

"I officially have a boyfriend." She says and Brooke and Peyton look at each other. "You're kidding." Peyton says and Allie shakes her head no.

"Oh my god, Allie! Who?" Brooke asks, smiling at her best friend. Before Allie could reply she hears her name being called.

She turns around and sees Nathan behind her. "Hi, gorgeous." Nathan says and kisses her cheek. Brooke smiles at Peyton watching them. "Oh, that's who." She says and Allie laughs, nodding her head.

"Brooke. Peyton." Nathan acknowledges them and they both smile. "Hey Nate." They both say and look at Allie. "I'm going to steal her for a bit." Nathan says and grabs her hand. He leads her to an empty classroom.

He places his hand on her hips and pushes her against the wall. Her arms wrap around his neck as their lips connect. She smiles into the kiss before pushing him away slightly. "We can't do this here right now." She says and makes him laugh.

"We just did." He says and runs his hands up and down on her hips. "Alright, I'll kiss you later." He says and pecks her one last time before leaving.

Allie stares at his figure walking away and sighs before pushing herself up off the wall and walking back to her best friends. "You have a lot of explaining to do." Brooke says. "Yeah, a lot." Peyton agrees and the three of them laugh before walking to class.

-

Allie walks into Karen's Cafe but to her surprise, she sees Deb there instead of Karen. "Right, Karen's cooking class in Italy. "Hi, I'm Allie." Allie introduces herself and Deb smiles.

"Yeah, I've seen you around." Allie stutters, "Uh, I know. I just wanted to properly introduce myself." Allie smiles awkwardly which causes Deb to laugh.

"You're cute, it's no wonder my son is so fond of you." She admits and changes the coffee filter. "Thanks, I guess." Allie walks behind the counter and puts her apron on.

She didn't see it, but Deb was looking at her with a comforting smile, happy that his son found happiness in her.

The door opens and Allie goes to greet them, unfortunately seeing Dan Scott there. "Hi Mr. Scott, can I get you a table?" She asks him and he smiles. "Uh, no thanks sweetheart." He says and walks to Deb. Allie shrugs and continues working.

That night when Allie finished getting ready for bed, Nathan called. "Hey, did you know my mom was running the cafe?" Nathan hastily asked her. "Um yeah, I saw her earlier today when I went in for work. Does that bother you?" She asks him while doing homework.

"Um no I just think it's a little weird considering who Karen is." He says into the phone. "Well, I think-" "I gotta go, I'll see you tomorrow." Before Allie could even reply, the line went dead.

Allie pulls her phone down and looks at it confusingly. "What was that all about?" She mumbles to herself. "Allie, hurry up! Dinner's ready!" Ada calls from downstairs. "Coming!"

-

"Nathan, are you going to pace back and forth or can we actually get started?" She asks her boyfriend who was walking around her room. He ignores her question and asks one himself. "Are these all of your cheer trophies?" She looks at the shelf of trophies before looking at him.

"Yeah. I started when I was about 7 or 8 years old. I thought if I joined and won a competition, maybe they'd be around more. Obviously, I thought wrong." She says and turns back around to look at her computer.