chapter seven

Allie was walking around campus with Brooke and Peyton. "All I remember is us three and Haley in the car. And then Lucas and Nathan, and then you said something about being into Lucas, but it could've been Nathan. I need to know." Brooke says pointing to Peyton.

"Need?" Peyton clarifies. "Two of them, three of them. Not enough Scott boys to go around, and your courtesy hold on Lucas has expired." Brooke states and smirks.

"Hey, I gotta go. But I'll catch up with you guys later." She says and walks off.

-

Allie walks out towards her car and sees Peyton and Haley talking. "What's this?" She asks and approaches them. "Just talking." They both said.

"Ah, so Brooke was wrong. Good, I'm glad you guys like each other." She says and walks to her car.

Before she could drive off, Nathan opened her passenger seat door. Allie screams in shock. "Oh my god, Nathan. You scared me." She says resting her hand on her beating heart.

"What's up?" He shakes his head and smiles. "Nothing, I was just wondering if you're coming to the party tonight?" He asks and gets in.

"Yeah, an evening at Dan Scott's place is sure to be a wonderful time." She says and laughs while looking at Nathan. He stops laughing and looks at her.

"So uh, the weirdest thing happened in class today." He says to her. "Yeah, what's that?" She asks while putting her bag in the backseat..

"Brooke said Peyton was still interested in me. Isn't that weird?" He says with furrowed brows. "Um yeah, because..." She starts but then decides to keep her mouth shut. "Because what? What did she say to you?" He asks.

"Nothing, I just know that she isn't really looking into opening up that book again." She states truthfully. "Okay. So, I'll see you tonight?" He asks hopefully and she nods her head. "Yeah, I'll see you tonight." She replies to him. "Great." He says and gets out of the car.

-

Allie was standing with Brooke in the living room when she decided to ask about what Nathan told her. "Hey, so um, Nathan said that you told him Peyton was still into him?" She asks, looking at Brooke who just smirks. "Yeah, I did."

Allie looks to see any sign of remorse on her face but she finds none. "Um, okay. Why? Peyton's clearly interested in Lucas." Allie stated.

Brooke sighs and finally makes eye contact with her. "Well, she hasn't directly told us yet right? So I'm making the decision for her. Think of it as keeping her out of my way." Brooke says with a smirk and walks off to find Jake.

Peyton approaches her and before she could tell Peyton what was going on, Nathan came up to them.

"Did you get my messages?" He asks Peyton.

Allie looks down to her feet, slightly kicking them to distract herself from the painful conversation she was hearing. Peyton could see how much it bothered her friend so she ended up walking away without answering.

"Allie-" "Um I should go find Lucas." She says and walks off, not sparing him a glance. Nathan looked at her with furrowed brows. What was wrong with her? Why did she seem so distant all of a sudden?

-

Throughout the night she found herself drinking too much to avoid Nathan. Feeling a little claustrophobic, she stepped outside onto the driveway. She found herself a spot on the curb to sit and drink from her cup.

Taking a sip from her cup, she looked out into the distance. Tree Hill was her home but she's never felt so alone. Sure, she had Brooke, Peyton, Lucas, and Haley but even they had their own problems. She didn't know whether or not Nathan was included in that list but she wanted him to be.