chapter fourteen

Allie was in Nathan's kitchen with Deb. "I'm glad you and Nathan were able to make up." She says and passes the dish to the younger girl.

She grabs it and starts wiping it dry. "Yeah, me too." Nathan walks in behind them and places a kiss on Allie's cheek.

The phone started ringing and Nathan walked over to look at it. "It's him." He says and looks at Deb. "Don't pick up." He sighs and clicks the decline button.

"Your father is refusing to cooperate with the attorneys so this may end up in front of a judge." Deb explains to her son.

Dan's voice message could be heard from the answering machine. Allie walks over to turn it off before listening to the conversation again. "I think you're doing the right thing for yourself. Even for him." Nathan says while walking up to his girlfriend.

He places his arm around her waist and she reaches to hold his hand that was wrapped around her. "It's you I'm worried about honey." Deb says and looks at the younger couple. Nathan sighs and looks at his mom.

"Don't. I get it. You and dad splitting up is a good thing." No more words were spoken between them and Deb walked out of the kitchen.

She looks up at her boyfriend and kisses his cheek. "I'm proud of you." She says and squeezes his hand. He chuckles and looks down at her. "Thank you."

-

Allie was sitting in Lucas's room and looking at him lost in thought. "So you broke up with Brooke to be with Peyton?" She asks and scoffs.

"You think that's wrong?" He asks her. "I just want you to tell her the truth, you know?" She says, looking him in the eyes.

"You have to tell Brooke. Besides, I'm still mad at you for betraying her." She explains to him. Lucas nods his head. "Yeah, I know."

"Listen, I'm gonna be by Brooke's side when everything's out in the open, so. Whenever she forgives you, I will too." She says and kisses his head.

Lucas sighs and looks at his best friend again, "You're a good person you know that." He says to her and causes her to chuckle. "Of course I know that." She gets up and hugs him. "I gotta go, meeting with Nathan."

Peyton walks into the room just as Allie was grabbing her bag. "Well, I'm off." She says and walks out. "What was that about?" Peyton asks him and he chuckles and replies, "Just warning me."

-

Allie was sitting in her kitchen when the doorbell rang. She looks at the door before standing up and answering it. She opens the door and sees Brooke. Her eyes were bloodshot red and she had snot coming out.

"Hey, what happened?" She asks while hugging the taller girl. "Lucas broke up with me." She says and sobs louder, wrapping her arms around her friend as well.

"Oh boy. Come on, let's go inside." Brooke bods her head and lets go of her friend before walking inside. They sat in the kitchen and Allie just let her friend cry it out.

"I probably look really disgusting." Brooke says and wipes at her cheeks. "Just a bit." Allie says and they both laugh. "Come on, let's go to the mall, help you get your mind off things." Allie grabs her keys and they both walk to her car.

-

After shopping for a bit, the two girls sat down on the bench. "How are you feeling?" She asks the brunette.

Brooke looks at her and starts to tear up. "I don't know how I'm going to be friends with him. It just hurts too much." She admits and leans her head onto her shoulder.

Allie sighs and hugs her friend. "Yeah I know, but look you're Brooke Davis. I know you're going to get over this and bounce back." Brooke softly laughs and looks at her friend.

Allie felt guilty, knowing the reason that Lucas called it off. She lets out a sigh and pulls away. "Come on, I wanna buy some new outfits for Nate." Brooke laughs and the two girls get up to continue shopping.

-

Nathan was in Allie's room and staring at her. She had on a dark purple top that was open in the back and a black mini skirt with stockings on.

"Wait a minute, is this a new outfit?" He asks and pulls her onto his lap. She gasps, "It is, and I'm glad you noticed." She says with a smile before placing her lips on his.

"I wanted to try something new, do you like it?" She asks once she pulls away. He nods his head and looks at her body once again.

"Yeah, but what's wrong with your old clothes?" He asks and looks up at her. "Nothing, I just wanted to try some new things."

He laughs and pokes her side. "Like fooling around with me?" He says and smirks at her. She hits his shoulder softly and chuckles. "Well you look beautiful. I'm gonna have to start fighting off dudes." He says and squeezes her closer into him.

"Please, I do that enough with Tim." She jokes and places her arms around his neck. He laughs and leans into her neck. He places little kisses onto her neck and she squeals.

"Nate! It tickles." She says and pulls away from him. He laughs and stares up at her before leaning in again and kissing her lips. He pulls away and smiles at her.

"I don't know how I would deal with all this crap with my parents if you weren't around." He admits to her.

She pecked his cheek and looked at him, "You're welcome." He chuckles and leans his forehead into her neck.

"I'm serious. It's like the worse things get with my parents, the better things get with you." She laughs and places her hands on his cheeks to lift his head. "Things are getting worse?" She asks him.

"It's a war zone, and I'm stuck with whoever has the best lawyer." He says and rubs her thighs. "Are you okay?" She asks him. "Yeah, it's whatever." He says and nuzzles his face into her neck again.

"I'm sorry, you should know your rights." "It's not like I have any." Nathan says and plays with the ending of her skirt. Allie kisses his cheek again and gets up from his lap.

"Well, let's find out." She drags him to her computer. "Knowledge is power." She concludes and places him on her chair before placing herself on his lap again.