chapter thirteen

Allie and Lucas were talking in his room, just catching up. "So you and Brooke huh?" She asks him and gives him a teasing smile.

"Yeah, she's great." He says and looks away from the girl. "Well, I'm glad you're happy and not moping about Peyton anymore." She says and hugs her friend.

Just then Brooke walks in, "Hi boyfriend. Hi girl who's not his girlfriend because she's dating his brother." Brooke jokes and walks up to them.

"Nice to see you too Brooke." She lets go of Lucas and hugs the girl. "I'll leave you two alone." She offers and smirks at Brooke before leaving to Nathan's house.

Allie walks into Nathan's room, seeing him still asleep. She removes his blanket from him and slides in next to him. Wrapping her arms around him, she rests her head on his shoulder.

She felt him wrap his arms around her and snuggle in closer. "Good morning, sleepyhead." She giggles and gets up to look at him. "Best way to wake up." He says and sits up with her.

"What are you doing here?" He asks and kisses her cheek quickly. "I need some help, I'm kind of failing in P.E." She says and laughs. "You? You're failing a class?" Nathan chuckles and she sighs.

"Yeah, and I need to make a free shot or something to pass." He laughs again, "You mean a free throw?"

Allie pushes his head away, "Whatever, you gonna help me or not?" He gets up from bed and grabs a shirt.

"Yeah, let's go." He grabs his basketball and takes a hold of her hand. Together, they walked to his car and headed off to the river court.

-

Allie attempts to make a basket, but instead she air balls the basketball. "This is embarrassing." She exclaims and runs her hands through her hair in frustration.

"Wow, I can't be with you anymore." Nathan jokes and walks towards her. "I can't do it, I'll just take the F." She says and looks at him.

Nathan walks next to her with the ball in his hands, "No, you can do it." He hands her the ball and smiles before speaking. "Just square your shoulders to the basket and bring the ball up right past your nose." Allie did as her boyfriend said.

"Now, bend your knees a little and relax your hips." He whispers in her ear and places his hands on her hips in hopes of helping her. "Okay, now shoot." She tensed under his hands but sucked in a deep breath. Clearing her mind, she shoots the ball.

The basketball hit the rim of the basket before flying back towards her. "See, you're getting it already." She laughs and grabs his hands that were on her hips. Nathan leans in closer to her ear, "It was actually kind of sexy." He kisses her neck and lets go of her to grab the ball.

-

Allie was cleaning up before leaving work when Peyton walked in. "Oh, P. Swayer. What's up?" She asks and pulls the chair out next to her.

"Um, you know when you first realized you liked Nathan and you knew that Lucas would flip out?" She asks Allie who nods her head. "How'd you deal with that?" She continues.

"Why? What's- what's going on?" Allie asks her friend. "Um, it's just friend-of-a-friend stuff." Peyton answers and Allie looks away. "Okay, um. I sort of asked myself repeatedly if this thing with Nathan was worth losing my best friends over."

"Yeah, okay." Peyton says and Allie looks at her again. "Like if Lucas was really one of my best friends, he would be happy for me. It's not like he was dating Nathan." She jokes and Peyton shortly chuckles.

The girl knew something was off so she asked her again. "Are you sure you're okay?" Peyton nods her head. "Yeah. I'm good. Thanks, Allie." She says and gets up. She furrows her eyebrows before continuing to clean up.