chapter twenty-two

It was the last game of the season and Allie was cheering with the rest of the cheer squad. She was thinking about the week and all of the troubles that happened this week.

<flashback>

Allie was working on her homework on Nathan's laptop when she saw different pornographic websites tabs. She furrowed her brows and clicked on them.

Growing even more curious, she looks through his files and sees pictures of Peyton on there. "I cannot believe this right now." She says and looks at Nathan who furrows his brows.

"What?" He asks her and she scoffs before turning his laptop around. Nathan's eyes widened and he walked closer to her. "Allie-" "Forget it, Nathan." She says and packs up her stuff.

"Allie! It's not what it looks like." He says and walks to the door so she couldn't leave. "Then what is it, Nathan? Am I not enough for you that you have to go and look at these websites? And keep Peyton's pictures?" She yells and he just sighs. "That's not it."

"Whatever, Nathan." She walks to the door and looks at him. "Move." She says and he sighs before moving away from the door.

-

Allie was looking at pictures of her and Nathan on her phone when Dan sat next to her. "Don't think I haven't noticed your part in all of this." He says and she turns to look at him.

"You know, Allie, if you're gonna manipulate him, you should aim a little higher. And remember, payback is hell." Allie looks at him and he smiles before getting up and leaving.

She sits there thinking when Dan speaks again. "Uh, nice tattoo by the way. It's real classy." He says and walks off. She scoffs and sits there dumbfounded.

-

She was sitting in her room when Lucas came in. "Well this is a surprise. What are you doing here, Luke?" She asks and he goes to sit on her bed. "I gotta tell you something." He says and she walks over from her vanity to sit next to him.

"What's her name and what did you do that you regret?" She jokes and Lucas laughs. "I'm going to Charleston with Keith." He says and allie backs up.

"Oh, um alright. For how long?" She asks him and he shakes his head. "For good. I'm moving there." "What are you talking about, Luke?" She asks him with a straight face.

"Keith got a job in Charleston and I'm gonna go live with him there after the season's over." Allie looks down at her feet and turns around.

"Come on, don't do that." He says and Allie turns to look at him. "Who's going to keep me company at the rivercourt when I'm feeling lonely?" She asks and he softens his gaze.

"Nathan." He says and she scoffs. "And me too, once in a while. I feel like I can be a better person if I go now." He says to her and she walks up to him.

She wraps her arms around his neck and shakes her head. "I'm gonna miss you." She says and he rubs his hands on her back to soothe her. "I'm gonna miss you too, buddy."

-

Allie, Brooke, and Peyton were talking in Karen's Cafe. "I just don't understand why he needs to go and look at those websites. Or even why he keeps pictures of you on there." She says with a shake of her head.

"I'm sure there's more of an explanation." Brooke says and holds her hand. Peyton shakes her head and grabs their hands.

"Allie, listen to me. We were horrible to and with each other. He loves you." She says and Allie sighs. "Come on, let's get you home." Peyton says and the three girls walk to the car. The weather was gloomy today, rainy and foggy. Peyton was slowly driving since the rain was falling so hard.