chapter eleven

Allie was walking with Peyton to class when Brooke came up to them. "So who's the guy that's got you smiling so much?" She asks Peyton.

"That would be my dad." Peyton answers and laughs. Brooke smiles. "Oh, I'd be smiling too but for entirely different reasons." She initiates.

"Ew Brooke." Allie says and pushes her head. "Dude, that's my dad! Don't go all horndog on me!" Peyton says and smacks Brooke's arm.

"Speaking of which, I need some help connecting with Lucas." She says and turns to the two girls. "I thought you were already doing that?" Peyton says jokingly.

Brooke laughs, "Well, the making out is great but it only goes so far. Could you guys help me out?" Peyton and Allie looked at each other, "Uh, yeah." "Yeah." They both agreed to her request.

Peyton pulls out a CD from her bag, "Give him this and tell him that tracks 8 and 11 make you think of him." Brooke smiles and runs off, "Thanks P. Sawyer! Love you guys!"

"Getting used to them yet?" Allie asks Peyton. "Um yeah." Peyton hesitantly answers and Allie smiles at her friend. "Good. Let's head to class."

-

"Did you finish The Little Prince?" Allie asks her boyfriend. The both of them were in the tutor center catching up on any homework.

"No, I just rented the movie. This book is stupid." Nathan replies bluntly. "Nate, you're not gonna pass French if you keep renting movies." Allie says and grabs his hand.

"Well, it's not like I have a lot of time to sit around and read." Nathan says and looks at her. Allie sat back and thought before a smirk made its way onto her face. She leans in closer to his ear to whisper something.

"How about if you finish reading this book, you and I finally get to do that thing we wanted to do." She felt him tense up and pulled away with a smile.

Nathan looks at her with wide eyes, "Are you sure? Are you ready?" Allie nods her head yes, "You better finish that book." She says with a laugh.

"Are you ever gonna tell me how the therapy session went?" She asks and puts her hand on the back of his head.

"She asked me if I really want to play basketball or not." He admits to her and grabs her hand from his head. "And what did you say?"

Nathan paused for a second before replying. "I didn't know what to say. Nobody's ever asked me that question." Allie reaches over and kisses his cheek.

"Wow, that's really big, Nate." She says after. "These last couple of weeks without it... I mean if I didn't play, I might actually have a life." He admits to his girlfriend.

"Well, what would you do?" She asks him genuinely. "I don't know, at least I'd have some time to figure it out though." He says and looks at their intertwined hands.

Allie spoke up, "I think you're really brave... to consider rebuilding who you are. I'm proud of you." Nathan smiles and brings his face close to hers. He closes the gap and kisses her lips before pulling back and smiling at her.

"I don't know if I could ever do that." Allie stated, looking away from him. He sighs and grabs her chin to make her face him.

"I believe you could if you wanted to." He says lovingly and stares into her eyes. Nathan lets go of her chin, "Well. I have to go." Allie begins packing her things.

"Hey, practice starts back up again today right?" Nathan sighs again and Allie looks at him in concern. "Yeah, I'm just not sure if I do." He says before kissing her lips once more before leaving.