Chapter 1: Mine!

My claws blur as I run through the wood as fast as my legs can carry me.

Tears burn my vision and my heart feels heavy.

"Run Autumn, run!" My father's voice echoes in my head, almost making me stop.

I felt the urge to turn around and go back to where I was coming from. But I had to keep going.

I left so many things behind. Damn! I'm nothing but a coward!

Maybe my mother was wrong. I'm more useless and worthless than an omega!

A tear drops, making me feel even more miserable as I scald through the forest with no destination in mind.

A thud and I was forced out of my tracks suddenly. My body aches and I wonder if I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't know when I hit a tree.

I heard a crack and knew I had broken some bones. But that was the least of my problems.

Just before I could get up, a leg was suddenly pressing against my chest. It feels heavy and judging by how weak I currently am, it will take only a few minutes before I pass away.

Yet, I struggle with it. I will do anything to live. Even though I don't want to admit it now, I will live, find my mate, and come back for revenge!

"Where did the little one think she's off to?" A voice mocks somewhere around me.

Damn! It was Alpha Xavier's men. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me but they still caught up with me.

Like I said, I'm the most useless werewolf in this whole wide world. My parents made a mistake. I wasn't who they thought I was.

I couldn't fight with the pack and running away was even the hardest thing for me to do. What then can I do?

"Rick, come over here," another voice mutters, suddenly pulling me back to the mundane world.

I finally succeeded in pulling the leg away. I breathed out and tried to make a run for it again but a strong arm was suddenly holding me back.

If Riley was as powerful as my father said she was, this man would be a piece of meat for me. But they could enjoy their victory while it lasted.

There was a rush behind me, and then I was staring at the Alpha's Beta.

"Fear the heaven, Rick! My father has done nothing wrong!" tears drop down in a cascading manner as I utter this statement.

Rick didn't answer, as his gaze bore into me. "No way!" He mutters with a hint of surprise in his voice. Even his face shows how shocked he is.

"This is unbelievable!" The one holding me mutters. Yet again, I could hear the surprise in their voices.

I had no idea what they were talking about. Were they surprised that I knew Rick's name?

I used to sneak out of the pack house even against my father's wishes because I was desperate. I'm twenty-three and I haven't seen my mate yet.

Well, all work proved abortive because I'm still yet to know who my mate is. Maybe the moon goddess forgot to pair me with someone.

So, I got to know more about Alpha Xavier and even Beta Rick. However, I have yet to see Alpha Xavier.

"We have no idea where the Alpha's mate is. What are we going to gain by crossing him? My father has tried his best to stay away from him! Why can't you leave us alone?" My voice started strong but it soon failed me. It fell near a whisper. I was seriously begging them to stop the massacre, to stop them from killing my pack.

Rick turns to the other guy. "We are taking her to the Alpha King."

My eyes widened with shock.

Oh no! Not the Alpha King, my worst nightmare.

I start to struggle again. Perhaps, I could be lucky and make a run for it.

Well, another wishful thinking!

"Shut up!" The voice yelled and I was slammed against the tree.

I hear more cracks and a sharp pain shoots through me. I need no one to tell me I have broken my bones. And the fact that I was healing slowly makes matters worse.

I curl into a ball on the floor, unable to move because of the pain.

"You will learn to obey, especially when you are with the Alpha king or it might cost you your head earlier than scheduled," he warns sternly.

A hood was placed over my head and I felt hard arms carry me.

At that moment, I couldn't stop the tears anymore. The reason why life has decided to be this unfair to me is that I don't understand.

At that moment, I couldn't help but think about my family, my pack- the Moon-like pack.

There was slaughtering when I left. The killing was so much that I initially refused to leave.

I have no idea what has become of my parents now. The thought of it weakens me.

I can't believe I left them behind.

I mean I am the only child and my father is the Alpha. My duty was to stay and fight.

But I couldn't. I'm such a coward. All I was concerned with was protecting the silver wolf.

Besides, who could defeat Xavier? If I stayed, I would die because I am no less than an Omega.

Without my silver wolf, I am useless.

Yes, I am the silver she-wolf the world has known for 2000 years.

The moon goddess gave me a power that would help my pack but the only mistake she made was keying it.

I need my mate to unlock my wolf power.

"Is the Alpha king inside?" A familiar voice asks suddenly, cutting through my thoughts.

"Yes, but he's busy. You will have to come back."

"Well, it's quite important. Tell him this," the voice says firmly.

There was a few minutes of silence and I felt myself moving again.

My heart skips several beats at the thought of meeting the Alpha king. Alpha Xavier is known to all and sundry as a ferocious man. He was hard, wicked, and fierce. He's only sweet to his Luna, as rumour would have it.

And the only woman who could calm him down was currently missing.

Suddenly, I feel my legs touch the ground and the hand holding me slowly lets go.

In the next few minutes, I feel alone.

And for that, I feel a sudden shiver run down my spine.

I hug myself mentally and brace myself for the next thing.

Suddenly, I felt soft footsteps towards me and the hood over my head went off.

I look up at the Beta. He was staring at me with a kind of emotion I couldn't distinguish.

Was there something going on? Now, I'm more scared.

Before I could think more, rich dark chocolate with an undertone of vanilla notes wafts through my nose suddenly. I feel restless almost immediately and my heart pounds madly in my chest.

Instinctively, my eyes moved slowly to my right where a huge figure was. Without being told, I knew he was the Alpha. Our gaze holds and locks for a moment.

Something stirs inside my chest.

"Our mate!" Riley, my wolf mumbles, shocking me.

Wait, what? Alpha Xavier is my mate?