Chapter 7: Orders

I open my eyes suddenly, with a sense of doom.

I slept off yesterday night after crying my eyes off. There was nothing else I could do anyway and the door was locked.

Elixir didn't come back or maybe she was prevented from doing so.

Anyway, last night was the worst of all nights. I can't believe my life would turn out to be like this.

The thought of what I will face in the next three days makes my heart skyrocket. I might as well die before I'm able to prove my parents’ innocence.

The door opens suddenly, startling me for a moment. Before I could blink, four maids walked inside.

They hesitate briefly as Elixir walks inside.

“Good morning Luna. It's time to get clean,” she says respectfully as if she is really talking to the Luna.

Well, she just didn't want the maids to know I'm not the Luna. That will be a serious problem for me. She's merely watching out for me.

I nodded once and got off the bed.

“The Luna is to get ready in an hour,” Elixir orders.

I was not in control of anything anymore. I was handled like a princess, a true Luna.

Within an hour, I was clean and fully dressed.

Then it dawned on me that Tito was coming that morning. She did say that yesterday anyway.

The maids walk away, except for Elixir. I perceive she has something to tell me.

She however didn't disappoint me when she turned towards me the moment the last maid walked out of the room.

“How are you, mistress? Did something happen between you and the Alpha yesterday?” she asks, with worries.

I'm so glad to have someone like her.

I release a sigh. “I fear the Alpha will kill me soon. It feels like he's barely stopping himself with every ounce of his strength,” I explain.

Elixir releases a sigh of relief. “The Alpha is always dangerous when he's angry,” she looks away, lost in thought for a moment. Then, she jerks up and looks at me again. “Oh yes, is there anything I can do for you? I have been dismissed till 4 pm today.”

“What! Dismissed?”

Elixir nods once. “Madam Tito is taking you. She's very harsh and as wicked as the Alpha. Sometimes, I wonder why they aren't mates because they have a lot in common.”

Despite my condition, I laugh.

“Then this whole world will be in ruin,” I cracked.

Elixir laughed as well.

She became sober suddenly and glanced at the wall clock. “Tito will be here soon, I have to leave now.”

For a lot of reasons, I didn't want her to leave. She's the only one I'm comfortable with around here. Besides, would I face all those pains alone?

I nod nonetheless. “You can watch out for the Luna. She's the only one that can save me.”

Elixir nods in understanding and walks out.

The door opens almost immediately and Tito walks in with the other girls from earlier.

Tito dropped a book in front of me. “Everything you need to know today is in that book. So, read,” she orders.

I pick the book up slowly and open it to the front page.

I see;
          Name:Gwen Gilbert
          Closest cousin: Rowan Savaldore, an Alpha king from the North.