Chapter 9: Torture

I open my eyes slowly. My face feels drawn together and dried up. Even my eyelids feel heavy.

I feel pain all over my body. I feel ragged and overused.

My gaze searches around quickly and I realise I'm back in the Luna's room. I don't even remember how I got here.

I vividly remember the last event before I passed out. I was in the Alpha’s room. How come I'm back in the Luna's room now?

Besides, I was suddenly clothed. I remember being naked as well.

I tried to stand but even that felt very difficult. I wasn't the only one wounded, my wolf was. She got betrayed by her mate.

A headache had suddenly set in and the pain was suddenly taking over my entire body.

Feeling so tired, I close my eyes and feel consciousness slowly ebb away.

.

I woke up again, feeling agitated and anxious. My gaze darted at the wall clock. It was 5 in the morning.

I turn conveniently now and easily.

The headache is gone now and I feel a lot at peace.

I get up slowly and marvel at how easy that was. I thought the Alpha had successfully crushed me.

Some slices of bread and a cup of water were lying on the table beside me. I grabbed a slice and chewed it but it tasted bitter.

I drop the rest and walk to the door. On instinct, I twist the knob, and happiness floods into my heart when it opens.

I stepped out and the hallway was not only silent but empty.

It gives me a kind of peace. Well, I need to think.

Actually, I think whoever wrote the note was working for Xavier. Only a few knew the disagreement between the Alpha and my father. The only people that could have known that were the Alphas’ under the Alpha king Xavier. But this is a packed house. There's no way I can meet them and ask them if I would like to check their handwriting.

Besides, I can't just stop an Alpha and ask that. What then am I supposed to do?

Wait, a voice in my head mutters.

Or run away.

I knew instantly that the second idea was a very bad one. How can I leave my parents here and run away? The Alpha will definitely kill them.

That aside, Alpha Xavier is my mate and the only one who can unlock Riley!

I draw out my claws and marvel at how easy that has been for me. And that's my only gift for now. I can't even shift.

If only there was a way I could make Xavier unlock my wolf. That would make it better. I would be strong enough to go against Xavier. I would be able to free my parents and protect my pack until we find out where the Luna really is.

No, I will be strong enough to find who kidnapped the Luna.

My father made sure I joined the soldiers. I was always training in preparation for my wolf. But it was always at intervals since I can heal in time.

These last five years of my life, after I clocked eighteen and my wolf was nowhere to be found, I lost hope. For two years, I didn't train. Instead, I found myself always leaving home with the hope that I could find my mate someday.

To the extent that the majority of people don't even know me and have never seen me.

“I've been waiting for you,” A familiar voice says suddenly, jerking me out of my thoughts.

My breath almost stopped as the figure walked closer only for me to discover it was Tito.

Her three maids were also behind her.

“I thought you were going to sleep forever,” she said mockingly and with a dark scowl. “Take her.”

I felt alarmed immediately. “What? Take? Why? Where?”

Tito scoffed but didn't say anything. Instead, she starts walking away.

The maids grab me forcefully by my shoulders and start pulling me away violently.

What have I done this time around?

I was dragged inside an empty room. My knees were bruised at the impact it made on the floor.

“What's my _”

I started only to be forced to a stop when Tito's palm collided with my cheek.

It burns instantly.

“Rule one, Autumn, no question!” She yells angrily.

The maids took me from the ground again. I was perturbed and scared at the same time.

My mind was yet to even adjust to what was happening. It looked as if Tito was desperately waiting for me to wake up.

I was forced to face the wall, and my hands were tied at the left and right side of me so that my back was facing Tito.

“I never did anything wrong. Why am I here?” My voice quivered.

“No questions!” Tito snapped and I felt the whip collide with my skin.

“No! Please!”

Another one!

Pain explodes inside me. I feel it cut through my skin, and draw blood. I smell my blood immediately.

Another one.

I feel Riley move to the back of my head, leaving me alone to bear the pain.

She stops suddenly, “I told you, Autumn. There should be no hesitation, no questions. But it seems like your father's blood still lingers on.”

Why does she talk about my father like she knows him?

This question sprang to my lips but I bit it back in. The pain causes headaches and shivers to take their turn on my body.

“How many times do I have to tell you? That you are nothing but the Alpha's slave! You are his sex toy and everything he wants you to be. You will be here till you accept that fact!” She screams out.

Her voice was loud and clear but with a hint of hate and maybe jealousy.

She steps back and I can't help the tears that gather in my eyes. I was obedient yesterday. I don't know why I still have to go through this torture.

“Here!” she spat out suddenly. “Whip her. Add the wolfsbane on each whip every time. Hesitate every five whips. If she's still proving stubborn, whip her till I change my mind!” She orders and starts to walk out.

My breath got caught in my throat. What! With wolfbane?

What rushed into my mind was how to survive this torment. It seems like Tito was specifically created to torture my life.

The thought of what I will go through without my wolf to even help me heal makes my heart ache. The pain I will be in_

“Please, I won't be stubborn. I promise! Please let me go!” I beseech quickly.

Tito stops in her tracks. “Make it six whips until she doesn't plead or say any word. She's to obey and not to talk.”

What! I saw my life flash before me.