Chapter 13: Meet the Alphas

Autumn

“Run, Autumn, run!” A deep voice yelled in my ears.

A scream escaped my throat and my consciousness returned to me.

“Mistress,” a voice whispered close to me.

My gaze searched around unconsciously. I'm still in Xavier's room. This time, no one took me back to Gwen's room.

Well, I faintly heard Xavier tell me to sleep here tonight as if I were the one always taking myself back to Gwen's room.

Come to think of it, if Xavier told me what he did yesterday, doesn't that mean he had no idea how I always find myself in Gwen's room the following day?

Then who could it be?

“Mistress, are you alright?” that familiar voice asked again, forcing me out of my thoughts.

I followed the path of the voice, to look at Elixir.

“You suddenly screamed, are you alright?” she sounded worried.

I nod once. “I'm fine,” I mutter and try to smile.

Elixir nodded as well. “The Alpha wants us to get you ready.”

On cue, I looked up at the several maids standing by the door.

What's he getting me dressed for this time? Another horse riding? Then I will die for real this time!

“Are you really alright?”

I didn't respond immediately. Instead, I sat up. I feel ragged and overused but all the same, I wouldn't doubt the fact that I enjoyed every moment of last night's fun.

I reached for the water by the lampstand but my hand faltered and it dropped to the floor.

I feel dizzy almost immediately. And I close my eyes instantly.

Elixir rushed beside me. “Are you fine?”

I nod again and look at her. “I'm fine. I think I just need a hot bath.”

Elixir turned to the rest of the maids. “Set the bath.”

The maids swung to action.

“Are you really alright? Or do you want me to call the physician?”

I shook my head quickly. “No, it's not necessary. Like I said, I just need a very hot bath,” I repeated with a smile.

And sincerely, that's what I need. I need to soak myself in it.

Elixir nodded once. “We will get you everything you want. It's the order we received from the Alpha.”

From the Alpha?

A lot of questions sprang to the top of my tongue but I bit it back immediately as the maids returned to the room. I regarded her for a longer moment instead.

She sensed I had a lot to say.

She smiled. “We will talk when you are done. You seem to have a lot to talk about.”

I managed a smile and tried to get up.

Elixir assisted me into the bathroom and a gasp escaped me.

Xavier's bathroom is very big, like the size of Gwen's room alone. I guess this isn't just his room, it's probably the master’s bedroom.

The bath cubicle was so big that it could easily fit in three people. Everything in here speaks of money and I can confidently say it's the only place in Xavier's room that feels lively and doesn't show his dark personality.

I helped myself inside the bath cubicle while the maids stood at the entrance, watching me.

Something in me leaped for joy as I finally settled inside. Like I said, it was all I needed.

“If you need something, tell me,” Elixir said with a smile.

I nodded once before closing my eyes while resting my head against the bath cubicle.

I've never felt so good in a while.

“How long does it take you to bathe?” A familiar deep voice asked suddenly and a dark chocolate with an undertone of vanilla notes assaulted my nose instantly.

My eyes flew open on its own accord.

“Alpha!” a gasp escaped me immediately.

He was standing above my head and staring right at me. His expression was a bit silly.

I felt embarrassed instantly. Even though he had seen me all while we had sex, it still felt weird for him to see me like this.

“Why don't you know how to ride? Was your father not sensitive to that aspect? How could the Alpha's daughter not know how to ride?” He hesitated briefly. “Oh,” he exclaimed softly and smirked. “You are an Omega after all.”

I felt stabbed at his words but I didn't let it show.

“No one sold horses for us, based on your order. So, I couldn't train.”

His mouth made a wry line in acknowledgment of a tactical error but he said nothing.

Silence descended between us, each of us lost in our thoughts. I actually thought he was going to apologise when his eyes softened a bit but I was wrong.

“You've complicated matters,” he huffed and walked to the door, then back like a hungry lion. “You could have told me you don't ride_”

“I_,” I started but he cut me off.

“Instead of creating rumours around. It's only a matter of time before news reaches Gwen's cousin,” he muttered, stopped, and turned to look at me.

He was red with fury and my heart skipped a bit.

“Where the heck did you put my Luna!” his frustrated voice rang out. “Did your father know I'm your mate? Is that why he kidnapped my Luna so you can be in this position?” He accused.

That's preposterous! I wanted to say but I shut my mouth. No good will come in angering the Alpha the more.

He regarded me for a moment and turned away. He raked his fingers through his hair to further show his frustration.

For a moment, I felt pity for him. I would have done the same if I was in his position.

Just that he wasn't looking in the right way.

Damn! He seems to love his mate so much and it's driving him insane. How I wish all that affection could be directed towards me.

He turned towards me again, with a calmer expression. Though, the anger was still vivid on his face.

“Prepare yourself, you will be meeting with all the Alphas under me.”

My eyes widened with shock. “What!”

“News has reached every one of them and I guess they want answers which you must give them.”

“B_but I'm not prepared _” I protested, my heartbeat going faster that I could barely hear his grunts.

“I didn't ask for your opinion!” He yelled. “If you don't do this well, I will kill you!” He warned sternly and walked out.

I can't believe this!