Chapter 10: Mistaken

I feel a flash of something wet over my body and my consciousness returns to my body.

A serious headache set in immediately.

My eyes feel sticky and heavy because I cried a lot during the torture.

A pain coursed through me suddenly as I felt a warm hand over my back.

“You are really an omega! I bet you have no wolf!” a familiar voice mocks.

I was even too weak to try to see who it was. I didn't want to talk because I never wanted to pass through the torment that Tito surrendered my body to.

I wonder how long it will take me to heal this time.

“She's ready. She will skip this morning’s lesson. Prepare her instead for the Alpha when it's time,” the familiar voice that belongs to Tito mutters.

My back aches so much and coupled with the headache. It feels like I might even die very soon.

Maybe I should. What more is left for me? The silver wolf that the moon goddess gave me is as useless as I am at this point.

I have no vision, no mission. Nothing! Would I lose my parents too?

That was my biggest fear. And my pack. I would rather die for them all.

But at this point, I'm lost. I have no idea what to do and I have no zeal left in me. The only thing I hoped for was the possibility of unlocking my wolf.

“Yes ma’am,” a voice responds and soon, I could only hear the receding steps.

My eyes start closing on their own again and a headache almost knocks my senses out.

I close my eyes and give way to my nightmare.

.

There was clashing, and the movement of swords, and claws. Werewolves falling and dying, heads being ripped off, wolves caught in between, unable to morph fully before death took its course.

I wake up suddenly, sweating. A scream reached me suddenly, and it took me a few seconds to realise it was me.

A shiver ran down my spine. Would I ever be able to stop dreaming about the day my happiness turned sour?

Never! It should always remind me how useless and powerless I am as the daughter of an Alpha.

The pain on my back has reduced but I can still feel its sting once in a while. At least, it's still bearable.

I realise suddenly that I'm on the bed, just like the last time. I wonder who always brings me back into this room.

Nevertheless, it made me feel good.

My gaze darts at the wall clock. It's almost 2, the time to meet with the Alpha.

The maids would be here any moment from now to get me ready.

Even though the pain has ebbed away, I still feel weak. Maybe it's because I haven't eaten since morning. No, since yesterday afternoon. I only ate at 1 pm, before I went to the Alpha. That was the only time I could eat anyway, according to Tito.

The door opens suddenly, and I release a sign as Tito's maids walk inside.

I was forced out of the bed and into the bathroom. As I was getting dressed, I couldn't say or do anything.

I wouldn't cross my line for naught. The warm water actually did a lot to ease the pain in my back

Within an hour, they were done.

The maids step aside and I stand up, without being told to.

Yet again, the maids lead me to the Alpha's room.