Chapter 8: Claimed by the Alpha

A few moments later

I didn't know if I was supposed to send a prayer through Xavier's way but he really did well by feeding me.

The maids brought a lot of side dishes for me. It was as if I was the true Luna.

How would it be if I was?

I mean that was my position. I should be where Gwen was. Xavier is my fated mate after all.

He should burn for me, feel for me, love me, care for me.

Gosh! I don't believe I'm eating when I should be thinking of a way out of this mess. But well, I need all the strength that I can get if I truly want to find something out. Besides, the door was locked again.

I haven't eaten anything since I was captured yesterday. And I seem to have exhausted all my strength while healing. I still need to protect Riley at all costs.

The door opens suddenly, and my heart skips several beats.

Four maids walk inside. They were the same maids from earlier, the ones that did come with Tito.

“It's time to get dressed,” one of them announced in a voice that was emotionless.

What! Get dressed? Am I not dressed?

Before I could protest, they were pulling me towards the bathroom. Even these girls treat me like I'm trash.

“Clean everywhere! In and out!” The same person orders.

I was forced into the bath cubicle. For a few minutes, I didn't even know what was happening.

“The blue one!” The maid decides. “No makeup! No extras!”

Soon enough, I was ready. I didn't even know what I was ready for.

I turn to the maid giving out orders.“Where are we going?”

She looks at me for a minute or so and looks away. “To the Alpha. Don't tell me you forgot your schedule already?”

Of course, I have!

My heart almost stops breathing. To the Alpha! What for!

“But, I'm supposed to be learning how to be Gwen. Isn't that right?”

The maid scoffed and looked at me. “I will get Madam Tito if this is what you want to be doing. And I'm sure you haven't forgotten what she can do to you.”

I swallow hard on my itchy throat. Aside from Xavier, Tito is the next person I fear. It took me an hour to heal from the last wound. I don't think I want to try it again, for now. My wolf is very weak.

“Let's go,” the maid announces and steps out.

I follow her, while three maids walk behind me.

I couldn't stop the beating of my heart. It felt like I was a ram off to slaughter. If there was really a way I could avoid Xavier, I would.

Seeing him look at me with hatred in his eyes hurts me the more. He's my mate after all.

The maid stops suddenly in front of a big silver door. There were no guards at the entrance which was weird but Xavier's actions were unquestionable.

“You can enter but make sure you do everything he wants, if you really want to save yourself the stress,” the maid warns and turns to the rest.

With a nod of her head, they walk away.

I release several breaths to stabilise myself. I have never felt so anxious and scared at the same time in my entire life.

What does the Alpha want from me exactly? He could have left me to study how to be Gwen.