Chapter 3: With the Alpha

Rick leads me out of the room.

He stops slightly to look at me. “Follow me,” he orders.

His voice was deep and emotionless but not as scary as Alpha Xavier's.

I nod once, unable to find my voice. I was seriously holding myself to prevent the tears from dropping.

Where we walked was empty. There were no maids in sight. I guess other werewolves are allowed to this part under strict instructions.

He stops suddenly, in front of a silver door. He unlocks the door and steps inside.

I take a deep sigh before I step inside right behind him.

We enter a spacious room of high designs. The whole place looks like paradise. The queen-sized bed was pink in colour.

The wall was also pink in colour, as well as the vanity table. I actually heard that Luna goes to the human world more often and brings in stuff from there.

That aside, everyone knew that Alpha King Xavier was a billionaire in the human world. He owns one of the biggest estates in the city as well as a clothing company.

I've never been there anyway. So, I don't know how it was. But a lot of werewolves talk about it.

The wall had a big picture of me. No, someone who looks so much like me. Because there's no way it would be me!

The eyes, the face, and the lips look the same, except for the colour of the hair. She had red hair.

What the heck?

Unconsciously, I move closer. I have never been so shocked in my entire life.

“That's Gwen, the Luna,” Rick responds suddenly as if reading through my mind.

When Alpha Xavier was talking about pretending to be Gwen, I thought he was crazy. Now, I understand.

“But how could she look so much like me?”

“Well, that's something mysterious and not something I think the Alpha is interested in currently. Play your part well and make sure your parents confess. He's not as wicked as people say he is.”

Oh, spare me! Everyone knows Xavier kills like he's always thirsty for blood. If eventually we find his mate and she was really kidnapped by my pack, Xavier might kill us all.

But wait, what did he mean by ‘make sure your parents confess?’ Are they alive?

“No one, not even your maids can know who you really are. From now on, you are Gwen, Xavier's Luna.”

Just as I listened to him, I knew instantly that my life would never remain the same again.

What kind of mess have I gotten myself into?

“I will be back later.”

I barely heard him. It was the slam of the door that made me realize I was alone.

At this moment, I couldn't stop the tears again. It feels like the only thing I could do.

The door creaks open suddenly. “Mistress?”

I whirl around almost immediately. I hesitate briefly as I regard the lady in front of me, dressed in uniform.

She regards me for a moment, her brows drawn together. “Mistress?” she calls again.

I didn't even know how to respond.

She rushes forward suddenly and ends in my embrace.

I was still stiff, unsure if I should hug her or not. I mean who hugs their maid?