chapter 4: The pain

Then you will have one hour to yourself. You will have the time to do anything you want. Eat and sleep, if you like. By 1 pm, you will be with the Alpha, until_,” her voice trails off or maybe I was the one that lost it.

Be with the Alpha?

“Are you even listening to me?” Her harsh voice rips through the void I was suspended in.

I couldn't ignore the hatred I heard in her tone.

Since she knows who I am, she hates me because she thinks I truly kidnapped Luna.

I wonder why no one is willing to listen to me. How are we supposed to escape this then?

“If you try this tomorrow morning, you will be punished. I have no time for whatever you think you are doing. It's your fault that we are in this position already. And let me warn you if you don't do this well, the Alpha will kill you.”

I reason it.

“Is there a difference? Is the Alpha not going to end my life when all this ends? Doesn't that mean I get to decide when I die?” I say stubbornly.

She regards me for a moment, with an unknown expression. “Enter!” She orders.

The door opened almost immediately as if whoever was outside was already waiting for her order.

Three maids walk inside.

“It seems like you have a lot of your father's blood. But I will assist you in milking them out of you!” She says in a scary voice and signals to the girls.

They were so fast. The next thing I saw was two of them holding me so tight while one pulled up my blouse halfway until they could all see my waist and back clearly.

My heart skips on what they were about to do to me. I struggled with them but it was to no avail. They don't seem like omegas to me.

“Hold her firm!” Tito commands, and withdraws a rubber cane. I had no idea that was on her all this while.

She pulls out a bottle of wolfbane and pours it on the rubber cane.

I nearly stop breathing.

“Please, I won't heal in time!” I beseech softly but it seems like her heart was already set in stone.

She rounds us slowly. “This is what you will go through till you learn to control your mouth and listen.”

Pain rushes through me as it lands on my back. I felt it cut through my flesh.

“This will be the spot because obviously, we can't allow anything to happen to Gwen’s face or her leg.” She says and hits me again, harder this time.

My hands clenched and I tried to fight the pain. It felt like I was going to die.

After five strokes, Tito moves to my front again.

“Let her go!” She orders and the girls drop me.

My legs unbuckled and I fell to the floor. My back feels very stiff and painful. I was on the verge of tears but I bit it back.

“Am I clear?”

I manage a nod.

“Rule number one, Autumn. You reply when I ask you to!”

“Yes ma’am,” I force out through the pain.

“Good!”

She spits out and walks out of the room, with the girls.

For a few minutes, I couldn't get up. I feel pain all over my body.

Can life ever be more cruel to me? How can I go through so much on something I didn't do?

The door opens suddenly and Elixir rushes in.

“Mistress!” She sounds concerned.

“I'm fine,” I mutter.

She was quick to see my injured back because obviously, I was too much in pain to even wear my clothes properly.

“Oh my!” She gasps. “You are not healing?” She cries out.

I suck in my breath and try to stop the tears from coming out. “I'm alright,” I repeat in an attempt to stop myself from crying. I really need it.

Elixir moves to my front. “I'm so sorry. I really am.”

I nod once and try to wear my clothes. Even Though I was in pain, I succeeded.

“Can you do me a favour?”

What Rick said earlier, didn't leave me for once. I had a thought that my parents might be alive for real and there's no one to ask for help other than Elixir. She can move freely around here anyway.

Elixir nods once. “Anything,” she assured.

“Can you find out where my parents are? If they are here and if they are at all alive.”

Nick mentioned something suspicious the other time. Somehow, I feel like my parents could be alive.

Elixir hesitates briefly before she slowly nods. “I will try.”

I nodded once. “Please, don't get caught. If you do, I won't be able to save you. And you will be punished for siding with me and for being aware of who I really am. Please, don't be caught,” I silently pleaded with her.

She nods once, with a faint smile. “I will try my best. But is there anything you want me to get for you now?”

I shook my head briefly,  even though I was going through so much pain.

“I'm fine. The only thing I need is for you to check if my parents are still alive.”

Elixir pouts her mouth as she thought about it for a few moments.  “OK, I will see what I can do about it now. Besides, you could see them today if they are truly alive.”

I nod once, with a faint smile. “Please.”

Elixir stood up with a grunt. “Alright then but are you sure you don't want anything?”

I nod once, reassuringly.  “I'm fine, sincerely.”

“I will be back then. Be fine till then,” she added quickly before she walked out of the room.

I let out a sigh and silently prayed that my parents were really alive. At least that will give me a bit of hope. It's what I need now, at least.

Since I don't even know what the future holds for me.