21 | Temporary Goodbyes

The six of us gathered around the fire for the last time this morning

The six of us gathered around the fire for the last time this morning. We all seemed to be equally as tired as the other while pouting as we sat around and sipped on our coffees. Eliza appeared to be most deadly out of us all. Eleanor, Louis and Niall quickly learned what Harry and I have long known about her in the mornings. The imperative requirement of keeping a distance from Eliza until she finishes her coffee.

Our chatter reduced to discussing what needs to be done before leaving our campsite and ensuring nothing get left behind. Packing up the tents, loading the cars and putting out the fire are just a few on the list. As I got dressed for the day, I couldn't help but reflect on the previous night.

It's still difficult to fathom the fact that Harry and I wrote a song together last night and a bloody good one at that. Though it's easy to be completely biased on this, we both knew that it was a special song as soon as we penned its' title.

Throughout the chore of Harry and I took down our tent, I couldn't stop myself from humming the song, making Harry smile silently. I left him for a brief moment to retrieve the cover of the tent from the car. I turn around to unexpectedly face him, having not heard him stealthily sneak up behind me.

"Jesus!" I practically shout and stop humming as I hold a hand over my chest, my heart hammering in fear.

"He's busy right now," Harry smirks. "Sent me instead."

"You're an idiot," I scoff at his joke, shoving his chest to push him away from me.

He laughs loudly, that stupid laugh that you cannot help but laugh along with. He holds a hand to his stomach from laughing so much, clearly quite proud of the joke he just made and my reaction to it. I press my lips together in a tight line to fight my smile as he follows me back to our deconstructed tent.

"I strongly dislike you sometimes."

"No, you don't."

"Quite debatable right now," I counter with a smile, making him chuckle as we work on getting the tent into the bag.

Once the task is done, we load it in the car, and when we see everyone else has a task to do, we decide to put out the fire together and start making our way towards it.