48 | Conflict Resolution

It is as I am parking the car that I spot Nathan and Ivy heading down the front steps of their flat

It is as I am parking the car that I spot Nathan and Ivy heading down the front steps of their flat. It's very reminiscent of the last time I came to Birmingham, when they were literally bouncing with every step and bright smiles on their faces upon my arrival. This time they are even more excited, for I am not alone, and they haven't seen the person I've brought with me for some time.

Harry laughs to himself at the sight of their excitement as we climb out the car, and I feign shock and annoyance when they don't even bother for me. Instead, they head to the passenger side of the car to greet Harry first. He doesn't even get the chance to shut the car door before they literally tackle him in a hug, and the three of them laugh as they very nearly topple over.

I cannot help but smile in adoration at the scene before me as I slam my door shut, not entirely phased by the childlike behaviour my older cousins are displaying. At the same time, seeing members of my family be so accepting and loving towards Harry will never get old.

I see another figure in my peripheral vision and raise an eyebrow in surprise when I turn to find Brad walking towards me from the front porch. His presence means that he has been at Nathan and Ivy's flat with them waiting for Harry and I to arrive.

"So, I take it that the talk with Nate went well, then?" I ask, referencing the talk he and Ivy had to have with Nathan about them being a couple after I left last time I was here.

"Not at first," he half laughs and runs a hand down his face as he approaches me. "It took a moment, but it's all good now."

"Good," I reply with a laugh as we greet each other with a hug.

Brad and I may not have spoken to or seen each other since the last time I was in Birmingham, but we developed an utmost respect for each other and fast friendship over those few days as we got to know each other. Not only is he a kind person and a lot of fun to be around, he is dating my cousin and loves her wholeheartedly. It's nice to see. As long as someone is genuine and loves my family member, I will also love them and treat them like family. It's as simple as that.

"Livvy, Brad, get over here!" Nathan calls us to join himself, Ivy and Harry as he waves an arm.

As my cousins make their way back onto the footpath, Harry finally gets to close his car door. He shuts it with a light slam before making his way to stand next to me. The five of us stand in a half circle, with myself and Harry on one side, Ivy and Brad opposite us and Nathan in the middle of us all.