05 | Without Pants

Time seemed to escape us all as the night carried on

Time seemed to escape us all as the night carried on. It was when Niall checked his phone and announced in complete surprise that it was four o'clock in the morning that Julian decided to call it a night. Four hours were spent on the song until the lyrics were complete. Over tiredness has started to affect everyone, and on top of that, my jetlag kicked in.

Harry and I are the last ones to head off after spending a further fifteen minutes alone with Julian. He wanted to talk to me about writing for a while, as he showed genuine curiosity after complimenting me on my efforts from earlier on in the night. We say our goodnights and go our separate ways in the hotel hallway.

The hotel floor is dimly lit, now that it's so early in the morning. I already lose sight of Harry while my eyes are still adjusting to the dimness.

"Harry?" I quietly call out for him, not wanting to wake anyone asleep in the surrounding rooms.

"I'm here," he whispers back, sounding as though he is somewhere ahead of me.

I remain standing where I am, knowing he will find me before I do him. He always does. Surely enough, his warm hand encloses mine after a moment, and he gently pulls me along with him down the hallway. I can barely make out the outline of his tall figure in front of me.

"Liv, do you want stay with me tonight?"

I frown at his invitation, wondering why he wants me to stay with him, but I am too tired to question him. I am so exhausted I could sleep anywhere right about now.

"Of course. I'll stay with you."

"Thank you."

I am basically on the verge of passing out when Harry guides me into his room and quietly closes the door behind me. He flicks on the lights, and we groan simultaneously at the overwhelming and eye-burning brightness before he hastily dims them nearly fully down. We both have to blink a few times to readjust our eyes, and I frown when I spot something that definitely shouldn't be where it is.

"My bags are here?" I question in confusion when I spot them by the door.

It seems as though Harry planned to ask me to stay with him all along, despite him already paying for my room like he always does.