08 | Poolside

Harry insisted that we come down to the pool when he looked out the window and saw how 'lovely' the weather was this afternoon

Harry insisted that we come down to the pool when he looked out the window and saw how 'lovely' the weather was this afternoon. Plus, we still had a few hours to kill before everyone else arrived. We got dressed, and he dragged me to the undercover bar near the pool, but what surprised me was that he didn't order alcoholic beverages. He ordered smoothies. My surprise wasn't down to the fact that he consumes copious amounts of alcohol regularly, though he does enjoy a drink or two here and there. It's down to the fact that this is slightly out of character.

"Who even are you, and what have you done with my best friend?"

"I'm trying to be healthy, Liv. Mark would kick my arse," he had said, attempting to hold back his laughter at the perplexed expression across my face.

I just found it shocking and amusing all at once that Harry straight out ordered smoothies in the first place. But this further cemented what he told me earlier; that he is committed to taking care of himself while he's on tour.

The pool has attracted quite a few hotel guests today, and some of them are fans. I honestly have no idea how they find out where the boys are staying when they roll into their hometowns. It's quite remarkable. This group have kept their distance today, and have been respectful about Harry's day off. They haven't bothered either of us, just smiled and waved, which is a nice change. I have noticed they have been looking over at us now and then, but Harry doesn't seem to mind, which has, in turn, made me feel at ease about them being here.

Harry absentmindedly tapping a beat on the bar top with his hands while we wait for our smoothies to be made, captures my attention. Today he's sporting a black SnapBack, which is already enough to confuse me, Ray Bans, and a pair of Adidas shorts.

He continues to bob his head along with the beat he is making while I silently observe him, before he turns to look at me with a smile spread across his face, and stops tapping.

"Like what you see?" he smirks.

I laugh and roll my eyes at his question since he is quite clearly seeking an ego fluff for the second time today.

"Oh, sod off!"

He smiles wider at my response and quietly laughs while he shakes his head. We are quiet for a moment, and thankfully, our smoothies are delivered.