30 | Something To Ask

I open my eyes and my power nap comes to its' end, and flutter my eyelids a few times before I look up to see Harry's face

I open my eyes and my power nap comes to its' end, and flutter my eyelids a few times before I look up to see Harry's face. When he came back from soundcheck and immediately noticed how exhausted I was, he sat down on the sofa next to me, grabbed a pillow to put on his lap and told me to try to get some rest. I succumbed to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. After spending the last two nights in Las Vegas going out after the shows, though it was a lot of fun, I am completely exhausted.

What happened in the dressing room with the group the other night has not been easily forgotten either, but Harry and I have not discussed it. It's as though we have mutually decided to carry on as normal without telling each other. For the most part, things between us have been as normal as they can be now that I am working alongside the boys. At least, that's what I've been trying to convince myself.

I observe him for a little bit while he is oblivious to me waking up. He has one hand laced in my long hair from before, since he was running his fingers through it to coax me to sleep. The other is holding his iPhone and he effortlessly scrolls and taps on the screen with his thumb. He has his American flag bandanna tied around his head, and his lips either purse or twitch into soft smiles depending on what he sees on his screen. Even in my current state half asleep, my heart races at the sight of him. Through spending so much time together over the last few weeks, I have started to notice and pick up on small things that I am at a loss as to how I have never noticed about Harry before.

For instance, he has always preferred tea over coffee but he has taken to having a cup of coffee before a show to give him an extra boost of energy. He is ridiculously more clumsy than I have ever noticed, dropping things and tripping all over the place more often than not. He talks in his sleep when he is completely shattered but I have never been able to decipher much aside from technical album talk, his mind very much still in his work in his sleep. He badly suffers from hay fever and it's something he has been struggling with lately. He trains with Mark three times most days, and the muscles in his back and arms are a great deal more accentuated than I remember.

The more I look up at his face, the more effortlessly beautiful I realise he is and before I know it, my heart is pounding and my stomach is in knots. This just isn't happening, especially now of all moments. But before I can come to terms with it all, Harry glances down at me and does a double take when he sees that I'm awake. A smile instantly graces his lips and my poor heart skips a beat at the sight. From the angle that I am looking up at him, the light from the ceiling is shining behind his head, casting an angelic kind of glow onto him. No pun intended, but I am seeing him in a whole new light right now and I am completely and wholeheartedly petrified.