02 | Sarah's Kitchen

"Zayn, that move was absolute rubbish

"Zayn, that move was absolute rubbish."

"Sod off Louis, you're about to get beat."

I have to cover my mouth to prevent myself from laughing at the passive-aggressive conversation going on between Louis and Zayn. Harry rolls his eyes and shakes his head at the sound of two of his bandmates as we stand outside of the dressing room. When a five-second lull occurs in their conversation, I push the door open to enter the room with Harry following closely behind. We discover the source of Louis and Zayn's bickering to be a competitive match of FIFA that they are both incredibly engrossed.

Despite the competitiveness in the air, I waste no time in making my presence known. "Hey, guys!"

"Hey, Liv, you're back!" Zayn turns his back on the flat screen to happily smile and wave to me, which Louis sees as the perfect opportunity to take the shot and win the game.

"Yes, Tommo wins!" Louis victoriously shouts as he jumps up on the couch and throws multiple victory air punches as his controller drops on the sofa next to Zayn.

"No, come on," Zayn groans as he tosses his controller to the side next to Louis' controller. Louis shrugs smugly at Zayn before turning to acknowledge us.

"Hello, Liv," Louis smiles as he dramatically steps down from the couch to greet me, making Harry roll his eyes in good nature while I giggle. 

"How have you been, love?" he questions as he pecks my cheek before pulling me towards him in a hug.

"I've been good. How are you? You look tired, Louis." 

I immediately feel concerned with the lack of sleep evident in his face.

"Oh, you don't need to worry," he shakes his head dismissively. "We've all been taking it in turns of doing a few late-night recording sessions lately. Speaking of, would you like to sit in on a writing session tonight?"

I recall Harry telling me that he and the boys have started to work on their third album. Writing sessions commenced a couple of weeks ago, and they have only just started to lay down some vocals this week. They have been partaking in both tasks after their arena shows. During the day they travel from city to city, country to country, taking part in interviews and sound checks.