04 | Rewriting Lines

"Question

"Question."

"Shoot."

"How are you guys managing to stay in a hotel with fifteen thousand Italian girls out on the streets?"

Harry shrugs and lightly laughs at my playful question while he navigates me through the many twists and turns of the hotel floor. He has his arm draped across my shoulders, and our hands are loosely holding each other.

"It's easier to record the album in a hotel room rather than on the bus."

I nod in understanding. "Oh, I get that."

The first recording session that the boys had for the album was on the tour bus. Harry sent me a couple of short videos of the boys in the tiny makeshift recording booth used. It appeared to be so small that I felt claustrophobic just looking at it, and I wondered how Niall coped with it. We are both claustrophobic and don't do well with small, enclosed spaces. I probably wouldn't have lasted very long if I was in there. Even just going up and down in an elevator makes me uncomfortable.

"H, fantastic show tonight," Lou calls out from her room when she notices us passing by.

We come to an abrupt stop at the unexpected sound of her voice and peer into her hotel room since she has her door wide open. My eyes briefly scan her room. I smile when I notice Lux fast asleep on the double bed, despite the commotion Lou is causing around her as she goes about packing both of their suitcases.

Harry leads me to stand in the doorway with him, and he adoringly smiles at the sight of Lux asleep before turning to Lou with a lazy grin.

"Yeah, it was truly something, wasn't it?"

"It certainly was. Where are you two off to now?" Lou asks next. She sounds breathless as she looks up at us from her suitcase, having just dropped a small pile of jeans in it.

"Got a writing session now with Louis and Liam, Liv's tagging along," he explains casually.

"Oh, say no more, I won't keep you then. Nanite you two." She waves and gives us a wide grin before she resumes her task.