Chapter 23

A/N - Sorry for not updating since last two days...I was not well, I ain't well rn as well but eh I couldn't stop myself from using wattpad. The updates will not be regular till i get well.

Also as peeps are getting confused over what is past and present, Imma mention it on top from now on.

---
Flashback

Ishan was cute. He was sweet, a little naughty, always caring for others and too good for his own good.

Probably those were the reasons why Shubman liked being around him.

Every person he has ever met were nothing but selfish assholes. Even his own parents, leaving their children alone just to earn money. That too, they couldn't do it, so they were ready to use their own daughter for the sake of money.

The only person who truly loved Shubman and cared for him without having expectations in return was his sister.

And now, in Ishan, Shubman could see the innocence, which his sister held.

That's why Shubman was okay with having Ishan around him.

But then again his habit of acting mature pushed Ishan away. He didn't know Ishan would get so upset by knowing his parents were no more alive. Shubman was okay when he got to know about it. He thought Ishan would also be okay.

But the 4 years old child couldn't take it well and didn't came back till 2 weeks.

After two weeks when Ishan finally hugged him and slept in his arms, he refused to talk with him just after he woke up. As if remembering why he was angry with him.

Shubman tried to talk with him but Ishan was so good at giving the cold shoulder treatment. He was barely 4 years old but the amount of attitude he held inside his small body, truly sickening.

"Fine, it isn't like I am dying to have your attention." Shubman whispered to himself. It was currently dinner time and Ishan like always came to his bed to eat his dinner. Shubman also followed him in hope Ishan would atleast notice him.

But he didn't.

Even during the bedtime story book distribution Shubman deliberately walked towards the pile of books at last knowing all the books would be taken away by then.

This time Ishan didn't came to share his book with Shubman. Instead he went to another boy who also couldn't get the story book.

Shubman just glared daggers at them before sleeping early. If Ishan doesn't want to be his friend then he wasn't also dying as well.

---

Shubman couldn't sleep. He could feel a nagging sound near him making him groan loudly in the middle of night. It was probably after midnight, he grunted before looking down to where the sound was coming from.

The lights were off of the bedroom, and everyone else were also probably asleep, Shubman climbed down only to see Ishan curled up on his bed sobbing hardly.

"Ishan? What happened Ishan?" Shubman murmured pulling Ishan up. He gasped realising Ishan was wet. From his hair to his feet the boy was all wet, shivering a bit while crying.

Shubman quickly picked him taking him inside the bathroom. He helped the crying boy get out of his wet clothes and dried his body with the towel.

"Ishan stop crying, tell me what happened?"

Ishan sobbed holding the towel tightly around his body.