Chapter 30

"No way you have already done so much for me."

"I am not going to have no for an answer, and it's final."

"But abhi—"

"Shh, I am already tired from the flight. Come let me show you your room,"

Mayank pouted but followed Abhishek.

He didn't wanted to be more of a burden for Abhishek. The guy always goes above and beyond for him. With the way he stood for Mayank in front of his father and now giving him a place to stay.

"This will be your room. Mine is just around the corner so you can come whenever you need anything." Abhishek pointed at his room.

Mayank nodded his head.

"I will go and change, you can also change. There are some spare clothes of mine in the closet, I am sure they will fit you. We can go to shopping later on." Abhishek said pointing at the walk in closet.

"No way...listen I am going to find a job and then I will take care of everything else by myself so don—"

Abhishek put a finger on Mayank's lips shushing him.

"As much I love to listen you talk but I am not gonna let you run your pretty mouth on this topic." Abhishek said petting his head.

Mayank blushed at the closeness and pushed him.

"Look at your face all going red sweetie, you have to get used to it now." Abhishek whispered pecking his cheek.

Mayank's heart skipped a beat but then he realised something.

"Abhi I want to talk,"

"We are already talking sweetie."

"No please, I am serious. What are we doing? I want to clear everything before I think of us something else."

Abhishek blinked and then realized what was he referring to.

"You are confused about all this right? I am sorry for not being clear from the starting." Abhishek whispered taking Mayank's hand.

Mayank hummed staring at their joined hands.

"I didn't lied when I told your father I like you sweetie, I know I might have confused you without giving a specific answer to you. Infact the last time you wanted to give a name to our relationship as a friendship I just pushed you away. I am sorry but I really couldn't  bear to be your just friend or a hook up, I wanted to be more than that and instead of telling you about it I just lashed out onto you and drove you away from myself."

"It's oka-"

"No it's not okay, stop being so forgiving baby. I was such a selfish person, I couldn't watch you getting married so I broke your engagement. Because of me your father hates you,"

"It's not your fault Abhi. The truth would have came out sooner or later. And atleast a good thing, I am saved from that marriage. I do feel bad for Sara but you know they turned the news of our engagement into the news of making Sara the next heir of Tendulkar textiles so she also unintentionally got what she wanted."

"That wasn't an unintentional thing, I told them to do this. I was a little bit of guilty for taking you away from her so I gave her what she had been wanting since a while, she will be happy now." Abhishek grinned slowly stroking the back of his palm with his thumb.

Mayank shuddered but didn't pulled away. He was liking the way Abhishek was reassuring him.

"Thank you," He gave a small smile to Abhishek.