Chapter seventeen

"Liz!" I heard a male voice yell my name. Moaning I sat up to see Nobel looking at me with a small smile on his face.

"Why are you smiling?" I rub the sleep from my eyes.

"Because you finally failed" his smile increased.

I looked over at Nobel as if he was stupid. I jumped up off the tailgate and made my way over to him. Crossing my arms over my chest I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Glad I can make you happy" my voice bitter with no sugar. Nobel shook his head. His smile never faltering.

"You finally get the true taste of bullriding. We're not always winning but also losing. You learned and anyways you move on so chill out" I rolled my eyes before turning around and shutting my tailgate.

"Plus your fate at PBR could be worst" I scrunched up my face. What's worst then a lost? I tuner around waiting for Nobel to continue.

"You could end up like Lane Frost. Stomped on and punctured lung" Nobel grabbed is chest making blood choking sounds. I rolled my eyes playfully at him before a small chuckle left my lips.

"He just died. Right there in the arena" Nobel fell dramatically to the ground. Clutching his chest. I let a small chuckle escape my lips again before I walked up beside his dead body.

"Come on Lane. It's time to go to heaven" I joked.

"Are you an angel?" Nobel squinted his eyes as he reached out a limp arm. A giggle seeped through before grabbed his hand.

"Co...Eee!" I was yanked down to the ground. My body falling straight on top of Nobel's. A smirk plastered on that basterd's face.

"I'm not going to hell with you" I joked as I tried to push myself up. Another squeal erupt from my lips as Nobel placed his hands firmly on my lower back. Securing me to him I couldn't move. I let out a small huff before plopping my chin on his chest.

"If I go down you go down with me too hon" Nobel's chest started to shake as he let out a hearty chuckle.

"That was never an agreement" I mumbled. The soft rumble of Nobel's chest made a small smile appear on my lips.

As many times as I tried to remind myself I kept letting it slip. Nobel was just a cowboy that was having a fling with me. Why couldn't either of us just say it out loud?