Chapter Twenty nine

Nobel stood next to me looking twice as nervouse as anybody else here. The owner stood there with the belt buckle in his hand. I could see him and the announcer make motions to me and then to everyone else.

The crowd again had came to life. Their chattyness had helped calm my nerves. Hell the only part of this whole thing that freaked me out was all the eyes on me. I knew how this would all come out. Heck I pictured me walking away as the girl that tried but failed. But not in my eyes. In my eyes I won. I had beaten Sucker Punch and I had beaten most boys by just getting here.

My heart was happy just to be here. I was beyond excited with how all of this had already turned out. Sure I loved my horses and the barrel racing but this! This eight second game! One where it's not beast and man working together but instead man learning to work with beast for so long and then beat him in the last second.

This sport was differnt. I was never the atheistic type of girl going through school. When I was less then ten I use to play soccer every spring. But I got bord. I get tired of the girls, I get tired of all the team work, and I get tired of giving it my all when my teammates are half assing it. That's the whole reason I started the one team sports. Equestrian really picked up my heart rate, barrelracing really ampted up my adrenaline but bullriding was a beast on its own. My heart will stop beating for a moment, my body is jerked around like a rag doll, and I'm not too sure if I'll walk out of the ring.

I LOVE IT! Nothing else to it. I loved the game and everything about it.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen here's what you've been waiting for all night!" The loud volume of the mic made me snap back into reality.

I felt an elbow in the ribs. Tuning my head to see Nobel standing next to me with a smile on his lips. I returned the gesture before turning my focus back onto the announcer.

"Now you all know our fan favorite....Logan Saddler. Turns out his name is Liz. Meaning we've had a female rider with us this whole season" my breath hitched in a panic. I didn't imagine this in my head.

Suddenly the nerves that I didn't feel before where flooding me. The only difference between this flood and a normal one is I didn't have a boat like Noah or anyone else did. Then my boat came.

Nobel grabbed my hand at my side, lacing his fingers through mine, I looked over at him. He looked striaght head and glanced at me through the corner of his eyes. He was smiling but he avoided direct eye contact. His smile was contagious as my lips turned up.

"And it's kinda embarrassing that we couldn't see this the whole time" the owner looked over at me along with the anncouncer.

"Which only means that she's that much more talented. Leaving us, PBR, an all boys association left with a tuff choice of weather she wins or she is stripped of her points" my lungs stopped sucking in oxygen, and my heart stopped pounding. I felt almost dead as I awaited out for the answer. Nobel squeezed my hand quick. I returned the signal that seemed to make my heart pump back to life.

"But she did beat out all the boys, and if that's not enough Liz, better known as Logan had stayed on Sucker Punch who before her had a 100 percent buck off rate. Fair is fair" the owner and anncouncer walked up in front of me. Nobel dropped my hand but it felt like it never left. The sparks slowly died out like fireworks do in the July sky as the owner held the mic in one hand and the belt buckle in the other.

"So this time ladies and gentlemen I would like to break tradition just once. This year I award Ms Liz Saddler PBR's winner of 2015!" And with that the crowd erupted into a thunder cloud. People flew up out of their seats hooting and shouting all the way. A smile as big as Texas found its way onto my lips as my hands gripped onto my new belt buckle.

"Thank you" I nodded to the owner who smiled back at me. It seemed almost forced but at lest it was a smile.

As the owner walked down the line handing checks and a more loving smile towards the men I turned to Nobel. Both of our smiles where huge compared to earlier today. And just as our eyes locked I ran into his arms hugging him as tight as I could.

"Oh my Liz you did it! I did it! We did it!" Nobel cupped my face in his hands making our eyes lock. My smile dimmed slightly as I looked at my boyfriend for the past couple of months.

He was my friend, trainer, and boyfriend. But now what? What was I suppose to do next? Where do me and Nobel go from here? Was mama right about cowboy flings after all?

"What now?" My voice was fragile as my mind started to make up all things that could possibly happen. Nobel's smile dimmed slightly again but then it lightened up bright again.

"Why I guess we'll have to just wait and see. But Liz I can promise you one thing" Nobel leaned his head up against my forehead.

Our breaths mingled together and our hearts started to beat together. The crowd? I almost forgot all about them just looking into Nobel's eyes.

"I can promise you that I'm in your fucture" with that our lips collided. Nobel took control as he grabbed the back of my head in one hand and my hip in the other.

And that ladies and gentlemen is just how you win over a cowboys heart and win the PBR circuit.

◇◆◇
◇◆◇◆◇

Third person piont of veiw

Little did Liz rember at the moment that a small little blond girl sat in the stands watching Nobel and Liz kiss. Little did Liz know that she had sparked a fire deep down in the pit of the little girl's stomach. And little did either of them come to find that the little girl, April, would find her passion not in bulls but in the barrles. Later April would become National Wrangler Rodeo champ for four years straight and along the way she would find a love equal if not greater then Liz and Nobel's.

Without courage and strength Liz wouldn't have made it. And maybe she found a little bit of all that through a bullrider.

After all every cowgirl needs a bullrider and every bullrider needs his own cowgirl. ;)