Chapter Twenty-four

Gritting my teeth I stood by Nobel's side. For the past hour I have watched him and Stephen pop back shoots non stop. Folding my arms I blew back another strand of hair. I've just about had enough of their boyish anticts.

Stephen got up slurring some excuse of hating who knows who before I watched him stumble out of the bar. He wasn't going anywhere. If anything he'll get to his truck and fall on to his knees and start puking out his brains. Or at lest I kinda hopped.

Nobel chuckled before he spun around in his chair facing me. Finally I wanted to scream. All night I have been glaring at his back. But now? Now I got to glare at his face.

"Oh what's the matter Liz?" My eyebrows scrunched together at the sound of his voice. Ok this might sound funny but...but he's not slurring his words. His voice is crisp and clean. B...bu...but I thought he just had lile ten shots of whisky. Didn't he? I mean even the most hardest drinker would get drunk over that.

"You didn't really think I can handle all those did you?" Nobel let out a chuckle before grabbing my hand that rested on the table.

"Explain?" I just about barked. Nobel frowned before pushing his new filled shot glass towards me.

"I took about three. Stephen has a woman's stomach. About the seconded shot in that boy is seeing double. So I start to give him my drinks and I just drink the first couple" Nobel shrugged his shoulder as he lifted the glass up to my lips. I took drink and then sent a small glare at him.

"Doesn't mean you forget about your date" I mumbled against the whisky glass.

The burning liquid fire slid down my throat. Warming my body from my head down to my toes. I rested my head in one of my hands as I tried to hold back a cough but not in front of Nobel. I refused to cough at the fire he made me drink. I knew if Nobel was anything like my cosine he would totally call me a wimp. Just because I didn't go to the bar every chance I got doesn't mean I was a complete pussy when it came to beer or more like whisky.

"Oohhh Liz this is why I love you" Nobel wrapped an arm around my shoulder pulling me into his side. I stiffened. Not becouse of his arm that sent a whole new flame through my vains like the whisky but this time it was becouse of his own words.

I glanced up at Nobel to see that he too now regerstired his own words. My face I'm sure looked confused and slightly worried unlike his. He seemed ready to back track intill a small smile pulled at his lips.

"Liz?" Nobel leaned in alittle. His lips barely touched my ear. His breath fanning across my neck created goosebumps on their own acord.

"I know this isn't an ideal place but....I think I love you" and just like that I couldn't breath. I couldn't trust my own voice or my own ears. Pushing slightly away from Nobel I glanced up into his eyes.

"You sure your not drunk?" I raised one of my eyebrows before glancing nervously at the empty shot glasses near Stephen's and Nobel's spots. I was starting to second guess Nobel's rock hard stomach.

"One hundred percent Liz. I'm sirouse" Nobel stood up from his seat. Behind me he spun perfectly with out a fall and walked a small distance in as straight of a line that the crowded bar would let him. Drunk or not I knew I wouldn't be able to spin around with out a fall and I'm not a tight rope walker sooo...

"Come on" with that Nobel grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the bar.

"I have something to show you" Nobel opened my side of his truck. I eyed him up worriedly before I slid in. When Nobel got in I finally spoke up.

"Are you sure I don't need to drive?" I asked as Nobel turned the key making the truck roar to life.

"Liz?" I raised an eyebrow in response.

"Have some faith"