Afternoon in Boston

-----Kat's POV

"Yeah, I'll call you when I get to the hotel around 11 tonight, okay?," I say into the phone.

"Sounds good have fun, love you," Kyle responds and I can hear a smile in his voice.

"Love you too," I try to say cheerfully and I hang up. I place my phone in my back pocket and readjust the strap on my camera bag around my shoulder, ready to take some photos of Boston before the game tonight.

"Talking to your Kohl's model boyfriend?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

I turn around to see a grinning Claude, "Yes I was talking to Kyle," I say snippily pronouncing his name, "that little running on joke of yours is getting old Giroux."

"Well I'm still laughing," he remarks with a chuckle and I just let out a huff and roll my eyes. I turn around and start to make my way out of the hotel lobby; I hear a pair of feet catch up to me quickly.

"Hey- I'm sorry- I'll stop," he gives in, "where are you going?"

"What does it look like? I'm leaving this hotel- I'm going to take pictures of the city," I point down to my camera bag, " you're not very bright, but then again you're a hockey player," I say teasingly with a smile and start to walk out of the hotel.

"Well I'm coming with you- all of the guys are either sleeping or watching TV," he says matching my pace, "if that's okay with you?" he asks hesitating. "I wouldn't want you getting lost somewhere and missing the game," Claude adds, trying to sound less vulnerable to rejection.

I stop walking, shake my head, and laugh at his egotistical statement, "I'm sure I'd find my way back- but uhm- yeah sure why not," I smile, "you probably do know the city way better than I do." I subconsciously scold myself for feeling too excited that Claude is joining me around the city- honestly it's good he's coming along since I don't know Boston that well- that's a good enough excuse to be spending the day with him, right?

"Where to first Reilly?" Claude asks.

"You lead the way- I have no clue where anything is," I admit.

"I have the perfect place," he smiles and hails a taxi for us.

On the way over to wherever we were headed, Claude refused to give me any hints as to where the taxi was taking us- even though his stubbornness is ridiculously frustrating it doesn't sway my feelings for him at all. I take some interesting photos of the buildings outside through the taxi window- I loved traveling to new places.

The taxi comes to a halt and Claude pays the driver before I can even get my purse out of my bag. I give him a look as we get out of the cab but he just shrugs, gives me a playful smile, and says, "too slow, Kat."

"You're so aggravating Giroux," I remark.

"And yet you keep letting me terrorize you," he smiles and I nudge his arm as we walk down a street towards what looks like a park. Butterflies take flight in my stomach when he nudges me back, looks into my eyes and laughs. Looking at his crooked smile and bright hazel-green and golden eyes is always dangerous but I can never resist admiring them. It's so frustrating how much he effects me with something so simple. While we walk, I snap a couple photos of the beautiful trees around us that were now turning orange and red with the change of season.

"This place is amazing," I comment as we walk further into the park.

"I know right, I love coming here whenever we have a game here," he smiles awkwardly and shoves his hands deep into his pockets, "let's go this way." I nod and follow him down a path adorned with beautiful electrifying orange and yellow leaved trees.