Protective Brothers

-----Kat's POV

"Hey! Get up!" I hear as I gain consciousness; a second later, a pillow whacks me in the head with a deep thud, "you're gonna be late," Jules chimes, walking out of my room.

I groan as I groggily get out of bed and trudge my way to the bathroom to throw my hair up in a pony tail. It was so nice sleeping in every morning and not having to worry about early EARLY morning practices. I put on some cover- up on my face and neck to cover up the scar seamlessly before heading out to the kitchen in my PJ's to grab some breakfast. I pause for a moment in the mirror, thinking about how much the scar has healed and faded; thank goodness. Walking out to the kitchen, I see Sean already holding out a cup filled with coffee for me; "stayed the night again Sean?" I grin.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, shut up," he blushes with a smirk.

I glance at the clock and notice how late it actually was, "crap- I'll be out in a couple minutes, I just have to get changed," I tell Sean before rushing to my room, stuffing a granola bar down my throat. I change into some comfortable clothes and throw on my Staff fleece in record time. Jules stops me in the doorway, "so are you over him yet?" she asks and I know who she's refferring to immediately.

"Maybe," I answer while looking for my camera bag.

"Well you've gotta do it sometime Kat! You got to get out of the Claude-funk!" she practically yells in frustration. Claude-funk has become a popular term in our apartment lately. "It's time to stop listening to Adele and date some other guys! You're single and desperately need to have some fun with someone other than Claude-friggin-Giroux!"

"Okay, I get it," I grumble, rolling my eyes, throwing my camera bag around my shoulder.

"I mean it!" she remarks as I walk past her.

I just wave goodbye to her without turning around, heading towards the door while Sean kisses her goodbye. Sean and I leave in a hurry and get to the rink for practice with some time to spare.

My stomach churns nervously as I prepare myself to see Claude; he had gone back to Ottawa to be with his family during the long break and I hadn't seen him since I left the locker room in a rush. I walk out to the rink while Sean heads towards the locker room; there were already some players on the ice.

"Kat!" I hear my name being called and I see it's Steve. He pulls his helmet up and lets it rest on the top of his head, giving me a bright smile.

"Hey Steve," I grin, "how was your break?"

"Oh it was good, we celebrated Thanksgiving at my parents' place in Oakville, how about yours? I heard one of the boys joined yours," he half laughs.

I chuckle, "Yeah, Sean came to my parents' house where both Jules and I's family get together for one huge Thanksgiving along with all of our family."

"Wow, sounds like a lot of food," his eyes widen.

"Yeah, you can say that again, but you can bet Sean helped clear a lot of food," I laugh.

"I can believe that," he smiles and he goes back to practicing after grabbing a drink of water from his Gatorade bottle.

I walk over the benches once practice starts and I take a couple photos for Instagram and videos for snapchat. I post one photo with the caption, "working off pounds of turkey you know they ate #itsnevertoearlytostartworkingonthesummerbody." The whistle blows for a quick break and the boys group around the bench.

"Long time no see Kat," Bray says with a big smile and hugs me tight, pads and all- I'm lucky he didn't break my neck.

"Don't kill me Bray," I let out just as he lets me go.