Can't Let This Go

-----Kat's POV

"It's so good to see you guys again!" Jules practically screams with a huge smile on her face as Sean and I walk through the door of the apartment. She wraps her arms tight around me and I do the same; we jump up and down a couple times, so happy to finally see each other again after a brutally long road trip.

"Hey what about me?" Sean asks playfully. I let out a laugh and release Jules from my arms. They exchange a cute, long hug- they won't be labeled as friends for much longer- they're just too cute together. Sean presses his lips against Julie's making me gasp in excitement, "I'll leave you two alone," I chime as I take my bags and head towards my room.

****

"Well I hope you don't mind but I think Sean is going to be here for Thanksgiving," Jules tells me as throw on my staff shirt.

"Yeah that sounds great- I don't mind," I mumble as I search for my camera bag frantically in my room- I was getting so close to being late for tonight's game.

"Hey! Kat what is going on with you? Ever since you got back you've been acting weird."

"What do you mean? I'm fine- I'm gonna be late- that's all," I lie through my teeth.

"I'm not buying it," Jules chimes as she stands in my doorway calling me on my fib, "you're too quiet lately- it's like you've been sulking around for a week."

I just shake my head at her and roll my eyes to try and throw her off the scent of my lie- it's not like there was any time to explain to her what's been going on, especially now. Since getting back, I thought everything would be okay; I would be able to forget how good it felt to hug him, and be held close to him. Our silent interaction was worth a thousand words- at least to me. But at the past few practices and home games, he's brought a new girl there to watch him- of course these girls loving the attention from him, happily not knowing they'd be replaced by someone new in a couple days. My stomach turns violently just thinking about it; it kills me to see their dumb faces light up when he calls them 'ma belle' or some other French bullshit. But who am I to call them dumb? I'm the one who still has feelings for the guy- willingly holding on to the idea of "us" for some reason and all it's doing is screwing me up and killing me on the inside.

I hear a snapping of fingers, waking me from my daze, "hello? Earth to Katina your phone's ringing!" Jules says with a huff.

"Oh, yeah- thanks," I say mindlessly as I finally find my camera bag and whips my phone off the counter before hopping in my car and heading to Wells Fargo. I swipe over on the touch screen without checking who was calling as soon as I step out the door, "Hello?"

"Hey Kat!" I hear Sean greet.

"Hey- what do ya need?"

"I just -uh- wanted to let you know that G's got a girl around- I just wanted to warn you- ya know, before you came down here," he says, treading lightly.

My stomach drops and twists, "uh- thanks for letting me know," I manage to say, trying not to let the disappointment drench my voice.

"No problem- see ya when you get here," he replies sweetly.

"Yep," I mumble and hang up the phone just as I get to my car. I turn the key in the ignition and begin to head towards WFC with music blasting through the speakers of my car. Thank god for Sean, I almost sigh out loud. This past week or so he's been the first to warn me of the new girls coming in with Claude, knowing how much it irritates me to just see them with him. I feel so bad for involving him in this whole thing but he always tells me he doesn't mind helping me at all. Thankfully, I haven't had to talk to Claude with them hanging all over him.