Drunk and Drenched

-----Kat's POV

"Kat! What are you doing?" she yells as she grabs my phone and ends the call with Claude.

"Hey no fair! You get Laughts- I need a hockey player too- well," I giggle, "I had one but unfortunately it's against the rules for me," I shrug and laugh again drunkenly.

"Holy shit- so there is something between you and Claude, I knew it!" Tess screams and I retrn her comment with a loud shush. I sloppily put my finger over my mouth, "no one is supposed to know- only cute lil Bray and shy lil Sean know about it."

"Spill already!" she says yanking me to a corner where it was little quieter.

"So you really wanna know what happened between captain and I?" I ask with a drunken smile thinking about that night. She nods her head vigorously.

"Well, funny story," I grab the hem of my crop top and stretch it out of me, "it was the annual Halloween party and he was a teenage mutant ninja turtle- this one," I say as I point to Michelangelo on my shirt. "Long story short, we danced, we kissed, he took me to his apartment and well you can guess the rest."

"Are you serious?! What happened after?"

"Well naturally I got the hell outta there as fast as I could and got back to my apartment with no shoes doing the walk of shame. That week I was referred to as Cinderella by the team and I can't date Claude or anyone on the team cause I'll lose my job if I do," I inform her quite frankly, surprised my words didn't get twisted up in my mouth. "But I think you already knew the whole lose the job part right?" I ask aloud, scrunching my eyebrows in confusion.

"Someone needs to make a romance movie about you guys," she swoons over our 'forbidden' love story, "I can see it now, Beauty and the Hockey Player," she grins goofily and I burst out laughing.

"Too bad it'll never happen and he's totally over me by far," I roll my eyes and fight back a grimace. My heart twangs with pain- I wish I could actually not care about what he felt about me.

"Are you serious? You're totally fooling yourself Kat," she yells to be as a song begins to blare over the speakers.

"No I'm not I can't think about hi-"

"There you girls are," Laughts says with a big smile with a giant goalie standing behind him.

"Oh hey Scott," Tess whips around to face him eager as hell to have him ask her to dance.

"Are you guys having fun?" he asks the both of us but his eyes were glued to Tess's.

"Just ask her to dance already Laughts," I yell making the two of them blush, "the night is still young!" I giggle.

"And you're pretty far in already with the drink count," Steve retorts with a chuckle.

"Gotta do it while ya can during the season," I grin tipsily, I turn my gaze back to Tess and Laughts but they were already gone. "I didn't even see the love birds leave," I pout as I search for them in the crowd, looking past Steve the giant. "Perfect timing I just need to make a call real quick," I smirk and pull out my phone- Tess wasn't here to save me from myself. I press the call icon successfully after I accidentally push the face time button a few hundred times. Steve doesn't ask any questions and instead waits patiently next to me with his forearm on my shoulder as I place the phone to my ear.

"Hello? Kat?" I hear almost immediately.

"G-Baby, Roo, Captain!" the words spill from my lips happily. Steve gives me a weird look and wave a hand in his face in response.

"Did you call G?" Mase asks to make sure he heard me right.

"Yes! Now SHHH!" I yell at him drunkenly over the music.

Picture Perfect | Claude Giroux Philadelphia Flyers story |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें