Beware of the Turtle with the Orange Mask

-----Kat's POV

"Are you serious right now?" I ask Jules as she holds up the two costumes each of us will be wearing tonight. She was off today, while I had to run over to the offices around noon for a meeting and work on a couple photos from last night's game. "I knew I should've gone with you," I add with an arched eyebrow. I looked from her face to the skimpy outfit she claimed was mine. "A sailor? A slutty sailor?" I say in disbelief and shake my head. I take the costume into my hands and run my thumb and index fingers down the cheap fabric of the tiny shirt.

"It was the only thing left in your size- besides I think it'd show your body off real well- you know for a special someone," she winks with a bright smile, giggling wildly.

I scoff, "I can't even deal with you right now- you know I don't dress up as slutty anything it's so... tacky."

"Well I know if you came with me you'd pick out something like the Crypt Keeper or a Jedi and wear a huge black robe to hide that rock in' bod," the sassy woman teases.

"There's nothing wrong with that," I remark, walking to the kitchen to grab a Snapple.

"Yes there is! You are slim and you should show it off," Jules replies stubbornly.

"Well I don't really have a choice now do I?" I chuckle as I open up my iced tea with a pop, "What's yours anyways?"

"Snow White!" she says happily and holds up her costume for me to see more clearly.

"I don't really remember Snow's dress being that short in the movie," I remark jokingly and Jules lets out a giggle.

"I think this one is from the x-rated version," Jules says, and we laugh harder.

I give my costume another look over, "Well, I guess I could pull this off- and have fun tonight," I say hesitantly, letting myself look forward to the party. Jules excitedly claps with a big smile on her face, ecstatic I was finally unwinding and open to the idea of actually having a good time.

"This is going to the best night!" Jules cheers in victory over my stubborn grumpy mood.

*****

"Are you sure we're not too dressed up? Like we're gonna walk in and no ones actually wearing a costume?" I ask warily as I eye myself in the mirror and attempt to pull down my already tight-ass navy blue short-shorts. The small top barely covered 5 inches below my chest and my shorts thankfully were high waisted, so it covered up to my belly, but still allowing a large part of my midriff to show. I couldn't help but to admit it- yes I looked good and yes, I couldn't wait to see what Claude's reaction would be when he saw me in this.

"No! Brayden said they go all out- come on out I want to see!" Jules yells through the door.

  "Are you in yours? I'm only showing you if you look as slutty as I do," I challenge.

"Yes! Now get your ass out here!"

I let out a huff, check my make-up, grab my phone from my dresser, and open up my bedroom door. "Holy shit Jules!" I practically shout when I see her in her costume, "you look hot as hell!" Her already amazing tan long legs were adorned with killer red heels, and the tight bodice of the dress and poofy skirt accentuates her curves.

"You don't look half bad either chica!" she claps excitedly and motions to me to do a twirl for her. "We are going to knock them dead tonight," Jules grins ear to ear and it spreads to my face- her smile was too contagious.

After we grab out jackets (thankfully making me feel a little less naked), we make our way into the parking garage to get into Jules' car, my stomach is filled with nervous butterflies. I wasn't sure what was making me feel more anxious, the slutty costume or Claude. I wonder if he has a date- who am I kidding? Of course he does- he's Claude-fucking-Giroux. I shake my head and rub my temples with my index fingers.