A Night to Remember

-----Kat's POV

The feeling of his lips on mine bring my mind to a euphoric state- I couldn't get enough of him. For once it felt like I was just a normal girl and he was just a regular guy- not the multi-millionaire Claude Giroux everyone else knew. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine he'd ever pick me out of a crowd of people. Even though I know I shouldn't have, I let my guard completely down and let all of my crazy strong feelings for him surface.

When the cab stops at the curb right in front of us, he detaches his lips from mine and holds the backdoor open for me to slide in and he follows right after, hovering close to my face as he tells the driver my address, then his. As soon as the driver nods with an, "alright," Claude returns his lips to mine. My mind swirls with lust- it almost makes me dizzy but I'm sure that's the alcohol working it's magic on my motor skills. He kisses me hard, hungrily, holding my face tight in his hand. He puts his other sturdy hand on the back of neck, making me feel completely surrounded by him. The scent of his hair, skin, and traces alcohol in his breath make my buzz heightened to the fullest.

"Make it one stop," I let out in one loud breath so the driver can hear me.

"Are you sure?" Claude asks me, keeping his lips close to mine. I give him a nod and he tells the driver that the only stop we'll be making is to Claude's address. The adrenaline from the risk I now decided to take, pumps through my veins thickly, making me want Claude's skin on mine even more; I've wanted this for too long. The shallow pit of my stomach is filled with butterflies as the cab stops and I climb out from the back street while Claude pays the quiet driver. I almost fall flat on my face, no thanks to the alcohol and 4-inch heels, as I step up onto the curb and out of the street. I can't help but to giggle at the almost-humiliating moment that could've taken place.

"You look amazing," I hear a silky dark voice say in my ear as strong arms wrap around me and the familiar that smells oh-so-good fills my nostrils; a goofy grin appears on my face- thank god he can't see it. I turn around and press my lips against his softly to say thank you.

"You know you did lose the bet, which means I should be at home right now," I tease in a whisper. It was refreshing to be out of the noisy venue and now on a quiet street only filled with the sounds of horns honking and cars passing in the distance. I could finally hear Claude's steady breathing, and a small laugh that escapes his smooth lips.

"What do you mean- we followed the bet," he grins confidently, "I got you a cab, you left the club- you never said alone- and now the only thing that's left to say is goodnight- and I'm sure as hell not saying that just yet."

I can't help but to laugh, "you're such a smartass Giroux."

"Well you're still around aren't you, Reilly?" Claude smirks devilishly and presses his lips softly against mine. It only takes a few seconds for the kiss to become more malignant. He runs a hand up my face, pushing the mask to the top of my forehead, resting his thumb on my cheek bone, a feeling I never knew could be so euphoric.

He leads me to the revolving door to the familiar extravagant lobby. "Some of the guys live here," he murmurs, and I give him a small nod- really I just kept staring at his lips- why weren't they attached to mine right now? We scan the room for recognizable faces as we wait for the elevator to descend to the ground floor. When the doors open with a ding, we see none other than Ryan White staring at his feet- thank god- and we both take in an alarmed sharp gasp. My reaction time, being shitty, I can't even move my arms to pull down my mask over my eyes. Thankfully, the hockey captain picked up my slack, instantly pulled down my mask in a flash, holding/hiding my face with his large hands while simultaneously dizzying me with another mind blowing kiss.